Unlimited access >

Stolen or not??

Cookies too.

It’s 130, is that too early for boxed wine ?

[QUOTE=Roxyllsk;8661768]
It’s 130, is that too early for boxed wine ?[/QUOTE]
:confused:
Of course not.

[QUOTE=Roxyllsk;8661768]

Um, NO.

Are we talking red or white?

Transporting a horse across state lines calls for pink wine. Clearly.

As a barn owner, I would not allow you on my property without a court order. The barn is private property and you have no legal right to enter my private property without a court order or warrant I assume. Just like if I stole a TV from Best Buy and it is in my home, I do not have to let Best Buy in to look for it and the police can’t come into my home without a warrant.

This sounds like a civil matter and not theft. I would think you will need to go to court to get an order to retrieve your horse. She may say she has paid you all the payments.

I have decide as of recent to move my microwave and stash of popcorn next to my computer in my room. The trips up and down stairs were getting tiring with all the juicy threads happening. Now to see if there’s room for the fridge…

[QUOTE=Roxyllsk;8661768]

It’s 5:00 somewhere…

[QUOTE=SuckerForHorses;8661882]
It’s 5:00 somewhere…[/QUOTE]

Plus it’s Friday. Doesn’t 5:00 come earlier on Friday?

Getting my Blue Saddle Inn mug out of the cupboard (again).

OP, You’ve been told by the police that this is a civil matter. They are telling you very clearly that it is not a criminal theft. You have your answer.

If you don’t like the police’s answer, then talk to a lawyer. It is a really dumb idea to rely on legal advice from unqualified strangers on a horse board.

[QUOTE=OTTB_;8661867]
I have decide as of recent to move my microwave and stash of popcorn next to my computer in my room. The trips up and down stairs were getting tiring with all the juicy threads happening. Now to see if there’s room for the fridge…[/QUOTE]

OOh do share! Which others are worth a gander?

OP- It really sonds like you ahve all the questions answered. Don’t know what you are looking for on here at this point???

Woulds the sheriff do a stand-by? I somehow doubt it, but you could try.

I will bring a pitcher of Pimm’s and some chips

[QUOTE=Invest Pretty Money;8661732]
I would welcome the police. I’ve already been in touch with the police and I will be notifying them when I do go there. I have legal documentation of my right to take the horse with out interference, notice or court ruling. So having court orders doesn’t change that. I have no business with BM. I did not sign a contract with them. So I have no liability there. I also have no way to contact the buyer. I’m not even 100% positive where she is. The BM is refusing even confirm if the horse is still there. This is where I am wondering if that is a legal position for the BM to take, If indeed this is considered Theft.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the point. BMs are not judges. It is a judge’s responsibility to decide whose horse it is. I (as a BM) and NOT going to make that decision and then possibly be held liable for helping you steal my boarder’s horse. You have a contract that says you can take the horse back. Great! Take that up with the person you have the contract with. If they choose not to honor the contract (relinquish the horse to you) then you need to take them to court. I will not play referee.

And I don’t blame the BM for clamming up when things got weird. I would too. I’m very sorry you’re going through this, but I’m not sure why you’re so upset with the BM.

[QUOTE=Wonders12;8662423]
I think you missed the point. BMs are not judges. It is a judge’s responsibility to decide whose horse it is. I (as a BM) and NOT going to make that decision and then possibly be held liable for helping you steal my boarder’s horse. You have a contract that says you can take the horse back. Great! Take that up with the person you have the contract with. If they choose not to honor the contract (relinquish the horse to you) then you need to take them to court. I will not play referee.

And I don’t blame the BM for clamming up when things got weird. I would too. I’m very sorry you’re going through this, but I’m not sure why you’re so upset with the BM.[/QUOTE]

In most states the barn also has a lien on the horse for boarding services. If the horse were taken from the barn without paying the outstanding board bill that would be a theft…from the barn! Yes, Virginia, you can go to jail for stealing your own horse!!! :slight_smile:

G.

[QUOTE=HungarianHippo;8661926]
It is a really dumb idea to rely on legal advice from unqualified strangers on a horse board.[/QUOTE]

OP, don’t listen to HungarianHippo’s nonsense.

We, from the CotH’s Blue Saddle Law Firm, are more than qualified to listen and discuss your drama. Please go on.

I’m waiting for either the BM, BO or the new horse (owner? lessor? boarder?) to show up and refute all the OP’s story with cold hard facts, provide us with pictures of the horse and references for themselves, and then sue the OP for whatever and whenever before the OP can ask the same question AGAIN. With an open trailer for the win! :applause:

Our advice is unparalleled in the annals of the legal world. You will not find advice like ours anywhere else. We are unbiased, even-handed and always present our findings in a calm and rational manner. Don’t worry, you can trust us. Come to the dark side, where the guac is always fresh and the beverages always chilled.

Popcorn is always hot too!

Can someone explain the blue saddle thing to me? I see it in reference to a mug and law firm…