Unlimited access >

Street Boss — sire

Does anyone have any direct experiences with his offspring?
What are his foals like?

We’ve bred to Street Boss three times (and also to his sire Street Cry). This year we are breeding to Speaker’s Corner (by Street Sense.) I love this sire line. Street Boss is a bit of an anomaly in that he raced on dirt and at sprint distances (turf and longer is more usual for the sire line.)

I’m not sure what you are asking about his foals? In my experience, they are much like other TB foals: friendly, curious and full of energy.

This is our current Street Boss filly, Puffin:

Puff-2022-9-21

11 Likes

Thanks so much - beautiful faces and pics.
We are considering a Street Boss mare for retraining and looking for any direct info on his foals’ athleticism, soundness, and character.

The number of Street Boss offspring that have gone on to race and do very well attests to their athleticism. It seems to me that their character is more of an individual thing (equally dependent upon the dam.) I don’t know of any character flaws the horse himself possessed. As for soundness, you need to look at the mare in front of you. Generally speaking, this sire line does not always produce the most correct front legs (offset knees, longish pasterns). But you will be able to see for yourself whether the mare has inherited those traits.

As a matter of interest, Street Boss stood at stud in the U.S. for many years and also shuttled to Australia during much of that time. His Australian son, Anamoe, became one of the top TBs in Australian history, winning 9 G1s and placing in 6 others. Street Boss has remained in AUS since.

3 Likes

Another of our Street Boss offspring.
JR-3-16-10 JR-7-26-10-a

14 Likes

She has arrived and we like her A LOT—

she has correct legs, a solid, short-coupled build with lots of bone,
and an attentive, sane mind:

4 Likes

I’m glad you like her! She looks lovely in the video. Her face reminds me of our filly. I hope you have a wonderful time with her.

4 Likes