Unlimited access >

Stubben dressage saddles, opinions and input on NEW models please!

Does anyone have mileage with some of the newer models? Specifically, Euphoria, 1894, Serenity (which has only been out for a few years and is now discontinued…WHY?)…NOT asking about custom orders, I read that thread from 2021. I just don’t see anything current about the newer models and am curious. TIA!

What do you want to know? I have had my 1894 since mid March.

I’ve had my 1894 for 4 years. Bought new. Is holding up well. Is used 5-6 days a week.

Fit and durability, although your experience is still fairly new. Did you work with a Stubben fitter and were/are you happy? I know it’s a brand that’s been around forever, I just don’t know a single person who has one.

Thanks! That’s what I’m looking for, I just don’t know anyone who rides in them. Did you work with a fitter or just purchase/fit it yourself?

Was looking for a new saddle for my youngster and the Stubben rep at the time was the only one who got back to me in a timely manner (tried a couple of other reps from other brands, they apparently couldn’t be bothered with me). I tried several different models, the 1894 was the only narrow twist one out of the 2 they have that allowed me to get my leg on the side of my horse and was narrow enough in the twist for me to be super comfortable. It’s unfortunate that particular rep is no longer selling saddles. My current rep isn’t as responsive as I would like. But when I get in touch with the head honcho through the website, I then get the rep’s attention.

What I really liked, the brand new saddle didn’t cost me an arm and my first born (not that I have a first born but the price was VERY reasonable for a new saddle). And it’s holding up really well so far.

2 Likes

Don’t even get me started about flaky saddle fitters/reps. I had SUCH a hard time with another brand’s rep that I did contact corporate. That resulted in her blocking me on Facebook and her cell, SO unprofessional. Now I hear she only does remote fittings. I have a couple trainer friends that she was equally difficult for as well. The Stubben rep is/has been the most responsive so far, and I’ve contacted FIVE different companies. :wink: I did have another trainer friend share that the flex tree was not good on her horses at all, ended up really pinching their shoulders with all the movement. They don’t seem all that flexible to me, and I kinda like the idea of it, but what do I know, lol?! The other concern I have is that the Serenity has been discontinued after only 4 years, why? Again, I like the idea of that seamless seat, but does it not hold up or…??? Just asking questions before I purchase. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did work with a fitter, yes. I wouldn’t have purchased without riding in a demo first, my pony is oddly shaped. Technically mine is “custom”, in that it was made-to-order with a short flap and point billets and is tobacco colored leather, but the cost was only a few hundred more than the off-the-rack price. I am very happy with it.

1 Like

Be sure to check the Stubben sales pages, you might find something that would work at a better price. Call Stubben North America and see what they have available, inventory may be limited if you are buying new. I wanted to order an 1894 but they didn’t have an XW in stock.

I had a Genesis CL Deluxe that I loved, sadly was too narrow for the horse. Take a look at Ebay, there have been a few Euphoria’s listed at good prices.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s working for you, thanks for your input!

Good suggestions! I have already looked there, have not found what I need, but that’s ok.

1 Like

I have a 2016 genesis cl that I have been using for about 2 years and quite like. Fits the horse well, my butt is happy enough in it. Bought sight unseen on facebook, but I’m fairly not picky about saddles. I do work with a stubben fitter who checks the serial number before I buy/trial anything used online to make sure the specs will work and there wasnt anything weird custom done.

1 Like