Unlimited access >

Stubben Quality/Supply Chain Issues?

That chalk was amazingly helpful! And so much easier to cleanup than glitter gel, which I considered for two whole seconds, haha!

I am hoping it is just a matter of key folks being on holiday still, though it would be nice if someone reached out to say that.

Edit: just checked their IG and it looks like the office has a power outage. They must’ve gotten slammed by the weather.

Well.

They want the original fitter to come out and adjust the flocking. Not only is this a complete deviation from what was agreed upon in November, it is a frustrating suggestion overall, since it exactly repeats the process I went through initially.

Get saddle 10/1 —> Fit is not great, but not making contact. With very little ride time (not even an hour total), it is on his withers. I’m not sure how that will change with the new panels, which were supposed to resolve everything and provided only a slightly better fit than the original panels on their respective first rides. My guess? It won’t. Wool will be added and it will be back on his withers in two rides. Then I will get to jump through more hoops and wait who knows how long for a resolution.

I ordered this saddle 8 months ago. I have been trying to work out the fit with Stubben since October.

I am so disappointed in this entire process.

What happens if you just tell them “no”? Tell them you are pursuing this with the BBB, your credit card company, and your state AG/consumer protection agency if they don’t honor their agreement to accept the saddle and refund your money immediately, as decided in November. They are incompetent at best and purposely deceitful at worst.

2 Likes

I told them I want a refund and am waiting to hear back.

I intend to reopen my BBB complaint and to file with the consumer protection division of our AG (and VA’s. There was no choice of law clause in the sales agreement) if needed. Both my state and VA codified the applicable implied warranties, so there would be wiggle room for litigation if needed.

3 Likes

The saddle was returned. A refund is set to be mailed out.

I am disappointed, but glad it is finally settled.

8 Likes

I know that is not the result you hoped for the day you started this thread, but I am so happy for you you are able to get a refund. Keep us updated when you get it. Where to now?

(FWIW… After my Stubben debacle, I went to Black Country for a custom. Not affiliated with them in any way, but I had way better cust-service from them and I love this saddle to bits)

1 Like

I am very relieved about the refund (which arrived via check). Honestly, even if the saddle had been made workable, I was not looking forward to working with the original fitter in the future. I understand that unexpected fit issues happen, but having to escalate everything myself/feeling like she was content to leave the saddle as it was and move along, well, that’s just poor customer service and not a business I want to patronize.

I am a bit burned out on saddles right now, but am toying with looking for a used Amerigo CC (on the recommendation of a friend) or hunting down a used Stabilizer with very particular specs. I expect both will take a while, heh.

2 Likes

Well, I ended up trying an older Prestige Nona Garson on him, which fit like a glove without adjustments.

Now I just have to pray nothing ever happens to the saddle, since they’re discontinued.

6 Likes