Unlimited access >

Suggestions for Eventing instructor near Lexington KY

Hello,

I’m looking for suggestions on who to ride with in the Lexington Kentucky area. I’ve ridden since I was a child and am now mid twenties. I came up as a barn rat and then a young professional at an eventing and boarding facility until I moved to the Thoroughbred industry a couple of years ago. I now gallop for a living but I still love to ride the “normal” disciplines and I’ve always kept a foot in both worlds.

First requirement for me is always that a trainer treats their horses well and puts the well being of their horses first in all aspects. After that I’d like to ride with someone who has a very strong and correct technical knowledge and a good program. No rushing and no gimmicks.

A situation where I could pick up some paid schooling rides or horses to show would be a bonus as well.

Any suggestions or info is much appreciated PM’s are welcome. Thank you in advance

Where are you, how far are you willing to drive? Take it you’d need school horses to ride? You’d need to start there so they can get to know you and your skills if you are interested in moving up to getting paid to ride.

I live on the east side of Lexington. A little bit away from the Hamburg area if you know where that is. Within 45 minutes is probably my limit. If it’s worth it I might consider a little further. I have no horse of my own to ride so I’d definitely need one provided. I’m quite comfortable on green or less than perfect horses so it doesn’t necessarily have to be a lesson pony type. And I understand I’d need to show that I’m skilled enough before being offered anything involving money. So what good barns would you suggest in the area?

Dorthy Crowell is west of Lexington and may be out of your range. She is in Frankfort.

She is a little far out but looks like she might be well worth it. Thank you!

Not having a horse makes things fairly difficult, as most Eventing barns don’t offer lesson horses. Here are some names to get you started. Not sure if they fit your criteria but worth a look!

Allie Knowles
Clark Montgomery
Megan Moore
Ashley Kehoe
Cathy Weischoff
Jenn O’Neil
Lisa Barry
Chelsea Kolman
Alexa Ehlers
William Robertson
Champagne Run

Thank you alyssaequestrian I’ll check them out!