Suggestions on where to find nurses aide

I have a friend who is recovering from a stroke and she is a very knowledgeable hunter jumper person. I think it would do her a world of good to be able to come to the barn more and even come to shows and watch but she needs a nurses aide to assist her mostly with some mobility issues (in and out of the car and toilet/bathroom) and to drive her car. Any suggestions on where I would post for someone to do this kind of work part time? I’m thinking someone horsey would enjoy this more than a generic nurses aide. She has full time aides in her home now but they are not animal people at all. She is in the Washington DC area. Thanks for any suggestions…

Call your local Council on Aging. I got a list of private duty aides from PW county when I got my ankle rebuilt. I interviewed some and ended up with a nice woman who would drive me to Baltimore (doc visit). She wasn’t horsey at all, but I didn’t need her for that. I think you’ll just have do trial and error and talk to a lot of people.

Thank you. I thought of posting in Virginia Equestrian to see if I can find a horsey type with a nursing background as h/j shows can be long endeavors even for the day and the person helping should enjoy it as well.

Also look up companies such as Home Instead, Senior Corp and other private duty agencies. The offer companions, nurses aides, nurses, etc… They are also insured so they offer protection over services.

[QUOTE=anmoro;7701287]
Also look up companies such as Home Instead, Senior Corp and other private duty agencies. The offer companions, nurses aides, nurses, etc… They are also insured so they offer protection over services.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I’ll do that.

I’ve used care.com

Best wishes!

I’ve used Home Instead… worth checking out. They offer a wide range of services…