Unlimited access >

Suggestions on who to consign high end saddles

Hi - I’m looking for a consigner to send my 2 Voltaire saddles too. Has anyone had any good luck with a reputable consigner I should contact? TIA!

There are lots of great resources here for this!

If you wanted to try it yourself first and get a bit more $$ out of the sale, Facebook marketplace is where most folks head now, in addition to a few high end consignment groups on Facebook. Ebay is no longer the best spot to DIY this.

The outside resources I would recommend off the top of my head are:

Highline Tack (I’ve bought and consigned here before, very reputable and quick)
Goldfinch Fine Tack (Also bought/sold with her before, she’s fantastic. Located in CO so has access to central US clients. Underserved market so usually things with her go quick!)
Double Oak Tack
Maryland Tack Exchange (actually located in Florida)

2 Likes

Holly Cow thanks AAHunterGal - THIS is super helpful!!!

1 Like

I have bought a couple of saddles from Goldfinch. She is an excellent communicator and is very active on the sales sites. When I was buying, she was the only one that was helpful about suggesting saddles that might fit my horse. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Bonjour Tack and Redwood Tack are great.

I second the recommendation of Highline Tack.

2 Likes

Selena Weinstock helped me sell my CWD. She’s in the Bay Area, iirc.

Redwood Tack

1 Like

Highline gets my vote too - excellent to work with!

1 Like

I loved Pik & louie in Tx

I’ve bought a saddle and sold another with MD tack exchange with good results!

I bought my Voltaire through Redwood and would use them to sell in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Sam’s Saddles

I sold a CWD through Highline and it sold quickly, the communication was great, and she paid me within 24 hours of the sale. Other friends have had similar experiences, and at the time I sold, their commission was the lowest.

Highline Tack

I have bought and sold through Rebecca with Goldfinch. She’s fantastic!!

I just sold a saddle for someone through Highline and I would definitely recommend them. As already mentioned, she paid me the day after the saddle arrived at her location. However, a few years ago I sold another saddle through Old Dominion and got a lot more money for a much older saddle. Both saddles were French (Devecoux and Antares) and in beautiful condition despite their age, both saddles were grain leather with calf seat and knees. In both instances the owner chose to sell the saddle outright to Old Dominion and Highline rather than have it go out on trial until it sold.