Unlimited access >

Sun shirt season: beyond zip necks and hoodies

What have you all found for technical long sleeve sun coverage that is NOT a zip neck or sun hoodie? I’m thinking of button, snap, or wrap neck to add a little variety :rofl:

TIA

If you’re not opposed to a western flair, I bought the rose color with floral and LOVE it. It’s super light and airy and fits much looser than the quarter zips.

2 Likes

Do you shop on Amazon? They have a huge selection. I saw a cute sun shirt with buttons and a ruffle on the shoulder.

If you don’t need neck coverage, I love long sleeved running tops (Nike, under armour, etc). They are lightweight, soft, and dry quickly. The Nike one I have is also generously cut so not skin tight.

2 Likes

I wear the Hadley and other zip-neck long-sleeved sun shirts for riding.

But aside from that, I love this style for summer outdoors. The “Salt Life” line produces them for seashores and water sport. There are other makes as well.

I should probably wear these for riding, too, they are so light with excellent air penetration and have such a great feel and sleeve length. And no zipper.

If you have access to a beach shop, they may have them and you can check the fit for yourself. For a looser fit, try a size up.

There are versions with and without cuffs at the end of the sleeve. In this hot, humid climate, I can’t abide a cuff in the summer, so I look carefully for the ones without.