Unlimited access >

Sunshirts that don't cling?

Ariat for sure. I own a bunch of sun shirts of different brands and theirs are my favorite. I also own a ton of Columbia SPF (UPF?) fishing/hiking shirts for yard work and I love those too. Can be worn tucked in or untucked.

Agree with San Soleil! Great patterns too.

I LOVE my IBKUL shirts… I get them on poshmark…

1 Like

That Ariat ventek shirt mentioned upthread is on clearance on Ariat’s site

2 Likes

I hate a skintight sunshirt but like the lightest fabric possible. SmartPak Hadley sunshirts are cut pretty roomy compared to TS/EIS/Kastel etc. And I buy true to size, you could always size up.

Another vote for Ariat sunshirts, especially for those who hate clingy material. They are very flattering, and the only shirt I ride in from spring through fall because my skin is fair and gets sunburned easily. I have found some great deals on eBay and also on Ariat’s website when they are on sale.

1 Like

Another vote for SanSoleil - they are softer and more comfortable than the Ariat shirts (which are my second favorite). Join their email list and you’ll get discount/sale offers.

I feel like I’ve had them before and because they’re so thin, they cling to every fat roll.

I bought an XL black on sale but am worried it might not be big enough, we shall see! I like that the material is thicker though!

Yeah, Ariat sizing runs a little small ~ I’m always in between sizes and where I end up is specific to the item itself. I’ve found that the more recent sunshirt designs run larger than previous iterations (ie, more true to size), so I hope it works for you. :blush:

Clovis.

I love these shirts. The feel like a bathing suit so on hot days, you can wet it and youll keep cool as you ride. I have the Ares, Prometheus, and Monaco. They are priced at $52.00

I wear a medium and it doesn’t cling.

The Monaco Short Sleeve Shirt – CLOVIS (shop-clovis.com)

The lavender looks amazing too.

These are new and look great too.
The Monaco 2.0 – CLOVIS (shop-clovis.com)

2 Likes

Not a quarter-zip look, but I own a LOT of Columbia long-sleeved, button-down shirts for riding. Excellent material, and excellent UV protection. I buy the men’s shirts, because they’re most often on sale in my country and there’s a lot of colour options.