Unlimited access >

Super annoying ads

Note to self, do not shop at LM Boots, the super annoying takes over the whole page ads have reappeared this morning and that is who is advertising that way this time. Not good having to minimize an ad with every click of the forum.

Oh good, their sale ends November 27th so this annoying ad at least has a deadline on it.

COTH, big banner ads are fine, ads that take over the whole page and make one click them to make them go away, with every click of the forum, are infuriating.

3 Likes

I was hoping they would go away too but I’m still getting it today :confounded: ughhhhhhhhh

These ads showed up on my computer for the first time today.

it really helps having an ad blocker… the one I am using was suggested by poster here several years ago and it works well… no ads at all. Currently I see it is blocking ten tracking links on this site

Personally I understand the need for ads, but once the ads become the dominate aspect of a site then it is either time to leave (which many posters have) or just block all the ads

I was hoping to not have to use an ad blocker because I understand the ads are what pays for us to have this forum.
I even click on an ad from time to time.

The full page having to remove it ad is just over the top obnoxious and I was hoping that the developers would realize this and get rid of that.

1 Like

Then, the way things are, one of these days entropy may run it’s course and we may not have COTH any more, including a whole page add to grumble about. :disappointed:

Oh joy, yet another company I will never buy from.

The latest full page ad is so annoying.

Open a thread, start reading the post and then the page bounces this full page ad in the posts place and I have to scroll to find the post (up sometimes, down others).

Again, I get the need for ads, but this is beyond ridiculous.

This is the whole screen after the ad randomly pops in to take over.

2 Likes

I have this same ad showing up just between posts and easily scrollable. I’ve yet to see a full page ad like others are describing. For reference, I’m using Chrome on an Android. Not sure if those seeing the full page deal all are using similar phones/browsers?