Super thin and tacky gloves in white

First of all, in terms of tacky I am referring to gloves with a little stick to them :wink:
I have peripheral neuropathy, so I lack feeling in my fingers and feet. I am contemplating having a dispensation from wearing gloves. Although gloves are not technically required in dressage, I am contemplating having it put on my dispensation certificate that I am not required to wear them. Because gloves make things look prettier, I was wondering if any of you had gloves or knew of gloves that did not really affect your feel of the reins. All ideas are welcome :slight_smile:

Neumann summer gloves are worth trying on. They are made in unisex sizing. They worn by football players because they are VERY tacky. They come in black and white. Your brace should fit.

Ahhhh…Thank you very much Whicker. Excellent idea :yes: I’m going to be trying these!!

There is a fabulous product called “Powr’Tac” that is a pressure sensitive spray… it is a lot like the $$$ Saddle-Tite products, but is made for baseball players and found in the bats/gloves etc. section of sporting goods stores. (I found mine at Dick’s, $4.95 for a can that has lasted me several years.)

It is very safe for leather of all types and shades–I dared to use it on the Ancient Passier! :eek: :smiley:

I would go for very thin deerskin gloves, like golf gloves, for the ‘stretch’ and feel of them, and then spray as needed.

While the Pow’rTac will eventually collect dust, hair etc., it ‘rolls’ off easily when soiled, the way that rubber cement does, if you know what I mean? And otherwise cleans off nicely with Murphy’s.

It is basically what you would use to re-tackify the football gloves too. :yes:

I used a pair of white parade dress (cotton/poly) gloves from work for my last show, no leather, no grippy pimples, nada… sprayed palm with the spray and they were fine.

You can also spray your reins if you wanted ‘extra’. The nice part about it is it’s pressure sensitive. You are not STUCK, just sticky. Hard to explain without trying it, but it worked fabulously on the slick-as-glass Ancient Passier seat! :wink:

Along the same lines as pintopiaffe’s post, I find that when I condition my leather riding gloves with a little bit of beeswax, they get tacky. Not sure if it would discolor white gloves, though, I’ve only done it on brown and black.

I ride every day in the Roeckl Debbie McDonald. They are reasonably tacky with leather reins but are SUPER tacky when I use rubber reins. Also thin and sensitive but durable enough to last me a few months. (I’m very tough on gloves.)

I posted on another thread but these are my favorites.

roeckl chester gloves

Very thin, come in many colors. I have been useing them for years long before you could get them in USA. Found them in Germany and bought a couple of pairs. Now many places carry them.

They have a nice grip, they do wear out reasonably fast, so when I need a new pair for show, they old pair goes into the use everyday pile. I used to hate gloves now I can’t drive without them.

Don’t get them to big.

Diane

[QUOTE=Invite;4597067]
First of all, in terms of tacky I am referring to gloves with a little stick to them :wink:
I have peripheral neuropathy, so I lack feeling in my fingers and feet. I am contemplating having a dispensation from wearing gloves. Although gloves are not technically required in dressage, I am contemplating having it put on my dispensation certificate that I am not required to wear them. Because gloves make things look prettier, I was wondering if any of you had gloves or knew of gloves that did not really affect your feel of the reins. All ideas are welcome :)[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile: Just found a new black Rubber Gloves a few days ago, it can protect my hands from detergents, hot water, over cleaners, ordinary household cleaners, bleaches, dyes, painting, gardening and more. :slight_smile:

I wear the Roeckl Chester gloves for everyday riding and have white ones for showing. They are quite thin and have a good ‘tacky’ grip. These are my favourite gloves in over 30yrs of riding. The winter ones are great too!