Unlimited access >

Swinging stall dividers

I have several priefert stalls. The divider between two of them is less than stable. Since we have to figure out a different way to anchor it than was originally done, & there is some play (they built nothing square in this barn…) I was considering maybe turning it into a swinging wall so I could have a double stall if I want to.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of hardware I would use to do this, & where I might find it?

might look at converting that wall into a swinging gate as there hinges available to support the weight

Heavy Duty Weld On Barrel Hinge - 7 Inches - King Kong - Up To 3000 Lbs Per Pair - 2 Pack

We have a swinging wall between two stalls that lets us convert two 12x12 stalls into a single 12x24. A single person can easily do it on their own and it takes less than a minute. You just pull back two spring-loaded latches (iron pegs that go into the wall: one near ground and one at about 4’ high; the pegs retract into the wall when you pull back on a knob that’s flush inside the wall)) and the wall folds back flush, and then you secure it in the open position. There are 2 or 3 heavy hinges where the wall attaches between the two stalls and that lets its pivot and fold back. It’s one of the best features of my wonderful barn and it came from Classic Equine Equipment.