I’m looking for a new pair of tall boots since I’m starting to outgrow my current pair. I’ve also been told by my trainer that I’ll need a new pair for show season, as mine are “trash” :lol: Don’t worry, feelings not hurt, she let me borrow them for the few months aha.
details are as follows:
- I’m mainly involved in the hunter jumper ring right now and will be dipping my feet in the jumpers in likely late winter or spring (this is mainly due to my horse, who was a dressage horse his entire life until I started leasing, but also my current skill level)
- I will eventually be making my way to the eventing scene by summer, if all goes to plan
- I am more focused on finding a pair of comfortable but durable show boots that are for jumping than a pair for dressage
- I’ve been told by everyone I’ve talked to that I should buy Ariats, but I can really only find a couple of pairs of field boots and I’m questioning their durability
- I’d like something that I can school in often but not necessarily every single time I ride
- I ride about three, sometimes four days a week
- I wouldn’t use them if it the weather outside was bad, unless I were indoors
- not going to pay more than $500, but if they are that expensive, they must be durable. Ideal price would be $200 - $400.
Happy to provide more information as I’m hoping to find the right boot as soon as possible. From what I’ve seen it’s best for me to go with a field boot as opposed to a dress boot, but I’m open to ideas. Even dressage boots for future reference. I’m mainly looking for brands, specific types of boots within a brand, experiences with them, etc. Also what kinds to stay away from