Unlimited access >

Tall boots for really wide feet?

I know this has been asked before, but it’s been a while.

Looking for suggestions for tall boots (field preferred, but flexible) that are truly wide in the forefoot. My foot is too small (women’s 6.5) for men’s to be an option. When I say wide, I mean really wide - they measure 4.5" across the instep - something like a 7E - but a regular B width in the heel. Great for swimming, not so much for riding…

Normal ankle, normal calf. Just need width across the ball and toes.

In street shoes, I can wear Lems and Soft Star Primal. Altras are too narrow. Anything with a pointed toe is out. I’m not expecting perfect, but I’m hoping there’s something out there I don’t know about besides customs - anyone?

1 Like

I hope you get a good suggestion because I have the same wide foot problem, compounded by wide calves. The plus size versions of Ovation and Tuff Rider are not wide enough in the toe. Neither is the Ariat Heritage Contour II.

A fellow boarder recently bought a pair of Tredstep Donatello field boots. She also tried on the Ariat Heritage Contour boots and said the Tredsteps were wider in the foot, but she didn’t think they could be called wide.

I’d try the Ariat V Sport boots. They are like a tennis shoe with a tall boot stuck on top.

2 Likes

I have feet like a duck. I would up buying custom LaMundial paddock and tall boots. I justified the paddock boots based on the collection of good quality paddock boots I have but cannot wear. I have a slim calf… I don’t think there is a shelf boot made for me. I got my first pair of paddock boots over a year ago. I like them so much I got a second pair this year. I was shocked at the price increase but they are still worth it to me. I hope this helps.

3 Likes

I love the tennis shoe concept—but are they still medium width?

Duck, platypus, swim-fin… yup.
Thank you for the recommendation. Did you measure yourself or go through a rep? How durable have the paddocks been? And yes, I’m with you—so many that don’t fit in my closet, too. Or paying for return shipping…

I got measured by a representative…once at Equine Affair and once at WEG. I’ve worn the paddock boots every day for over a year and they still look very nice. I wear them everywhere. I asked them to make the second pair of paddock boots off of the first pair.

1 Like

Where are you located? I have a pair of Tredsteps that I’m not using that I’d sell to you for cheap. I have a short, wide foot and the boots are Donatellos 37 Reg height Reg Calf. I also have a pair of super tall Michelangelos that I’d sell. They’re 37 reg calf x-tall height (I used heel lifts for them). Unfortunately, I could only wear the Michelangelos 4-5x bc the sole glue started to separate. So I have brand new boots that need new soles. I got other boots and would sell those cheap too.

I am probably closer to a 5.5/6, but because my foot is super wide, I have to always go up to a 37/6.5 size.
I wish they made boots for tween boys. I’d rock those like a champ.

1 Like

I think it’s one of those things where you have to try it to see if they work. They are the widest off the rack footbed I’ve found so far.

1 Like

Don’t they make boots in boys’ sizes?

Yes, but they aren’t cut for women’s ankles/legs.

EGO7

I have duck feet and I got a pair of Egos for Christmas. They are like wearing house slippers

While it was never easy, the trend of all custom/semi-custom seems to have made it more difficult to find boots off the rack that fit anyone outside standard sizing. I feel like companies have cut back on their size options considerably.

A second vote for trying the Ariat V Sport, I have wide feet and a terrible bunion; these are the only boots I have found that accommodate both comfortably. I did go up a 1/2 size so you might have to do this to get the width.

1 Like

Hadn’t considered them - thanks.