Unlimited access >

Tall Boots for Tall People?!

[QUOTE=alto;7801519]
I don’t know - most shoes/boots one buys do NOT have advertising (company logos) in highly visible places … instead the sole is stamped or inside the boot in various places (obviously running shoes are an exception for many companies, but even so, there are manufacturers that don’t shout “company name” to the world).[/QUOTE]

Is a small, tasteful logo really “shouting to the world”? I disagree. The Tuffrider name does not even appear–it’s just a small silver logo. It’s no more obvious than the small silver company logo on the top of my Ariats.

[QUOTE=Dewey;7801645]
Is a small, tasteful logo really “shouting to the world”? I disagree. The Tuffrider name does not even appear–it’s just a small silver logo. It’s no more obvious than the small silver company logo on the top of my Ariats.[/QUOTE]

It’s actually pretty large (it was the first thing I noticed from across the room at the tack shop) and I would actually prefer it say Tuffrider rather than that obnoxious logo of a horse shoe with wings.

I don’t think I made myself clear enough - I don’t hate the logo because it identifies the boots as Tuffrider brand (I am not a fashion plate at ALL); I think it is just ugly and distracts from the pretty, minimal silhouette of the boots.

Ok you Deniro people, I’m a bit confused. The Xtall in a 9 is 47 cm, which doesn’t seem that tall. Does that take into account drop? My tall ariats are 19.5", which is taller than that, but I keep hearing how tall the Deniro’s are. Or are most of you ordering from the UK and getting semi custom which goes much taller?

[QUOTE=french fry;7803569]
It’s actually pretty large (it was the first thing I noticed from across the room at the tack shop) and I would actually prefer it say Tuffrider rather than that obnoxious logo of a horse shoe with wings.

I don’t think I made myself clear enough - I don’t hate the logo because it identifies the boots as Tuffrider brand (I am not a fashion plate at ALL); I think it is just ugly and distracts from the pretty, minimal silhouette of the boots.[/QUOTE]

OK, I understand you now. Sorry about the confusion.

I was 5’10", 135 lbs and found the ariat boot with extra tall and extra slim boots fit me perfectly. Then sadly found my desk job and had a kid :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Belair;7803666]
Ok you Deniro people, I’m a bit confused. The Xtall in a 9 is 47 cm, which doesn’t seem that tall. Does that take into account drop? My tall ariats are 19.5", which is taller than that, but I keep hearing how tall the Deniro’s are. Or are most of you ordering from the UK and getting semi custom which goes much taller?[/QUOTE]

40 xtall is 49.5 cm
41 xtall is 50 cm or 19.7 inches
42 xtall is 50.5cm

You’d need to confirm if this includes expected “drop” or if it’s just the finished measurement on the new boot as it leaves the factory …

[QUOTE=Dewey;7801645]
Is a small, tasteful logo really “shouting to the world”? I disagree. The Tuffrider name does not even appear–it’s just a small silver logo. It’s no more obvious than the small silver company logo on the top of my Ariats.[/QUOTE]

:confused:

If you’ve not actually held the JPC boot in hand (or worn them) perhaps best not to disagree quite so vehemently …

Yes, a favorite local tack shop carried many JPC boots previously,
Now they don’t.

I’ll repeat that given what la Canadienne can put out for $350 - $450, most equestrian boot manufacturers are disappointing.
And given that lC is not a franchised company with loads of high volume sales, I’ll not agree that limited market is sufficient excuse.
(I don’t know … perhaps equestrian wear is just handled with too many levels of distribution & that’s where the $$ go …)

I’m 5’7" 120 lbs with small calves too. I wear a size 8 foot and get Extra Slim and Extra Tall. The Tredstep Da Vinci Xslim/Tall are perfect, custom fit (if they drop they may be a hair short but I don’t think they are supposed to drop with the stretch leather). I have a pair of Ariats slim and Xtall…while they are taller, the calf isn’t as form fitting and snug as the Tredstep. I also use Tredstep halfchaps (Xslim and Xtall) to school in. Plus my friend (thanks Sheila) won the Tredstep Da Vinci boots on a Facebook giveaway and surprised me by ordering them in my size…so they were FREE!

[QUOTE=Equitational;7804924]
I’m 5’7" 120 lbs with small calves too. I wear a size 8 foot and get Extra Slim and Extra Tall. The Tredstep Da Vinci Xslim/Tall are perfect, custom fit (if they drop they may be a hair short but I don’t think they are supposed to drop with the stretch leather). I have a pair of Ariats slim and Xtall…while they are taller, the calf isn’t as form fitting and snug as the Tredstep. I also use Tredstep halfchaps (Xslim and Xtall) to school in. Plus my friend (thanks Sheila) won the Tredstep Da Vinci boots on a Facebook giveaway and surprised me by ordering them in my size…so they were FREE![/QUOTE]

Sounds like me! The tack store is ordering Xslim/Tall Da Vinci’s for me this week so fingers crossed they work!