Unlimited access >

Tall Boots for Tall People?!

I’m almost 5’6 and 110 lbs… AND FINDING A PAIR OF BOOTS IS SSSOOOOOO HARD! does anyone know of boots for “sticks” like me? I have no calf to lol. I need like an extra slim calf and the tallest height. I already grew out of my other tall boots that I got a few months ago:( suggestions? Thanks!

Ps I’m kinda hoping to pay under 200 bucks to:D

I have DeNiros and I’m 5’10 and 140lb with stick skinny calves. They’re great.

You could always go with a semi custom boot or look at the extra slim Tredstep DaVinci or Donatello field boots. What are your calf measurements as well as height?

If you are looking to go down the affordable route, I am of similar body to you and LOVE my Mountain Horse Venezia boots. I got a slim size and they fit me great, weirdly small ankles and all.

tredsteps are the only tall boots i can find that are tall enough for me!

Thanks for all the replies and messages! I’m checking out all the brands and can take measurements tomorrow, I’m hoping to spend under 200 for a decent pair of boots:)

[QUOTE=harrisburgrules;7796827]
tredsteps are the only tall boots i can find that are tall enough for me![/QUOTE]

Not to get too off topic… but are their any off the rack boots, <$350, that are 1/2-1 inch taller than Tredsteps? I have a tall pair of Donatellos and feel like they could be a hair taller.

I’m 5’5" with a 33" inseam. I love my Dublin Aristocrats. That’s an old model that isn’t made anymore, but there is a replacement model out there. They fit me like they’re custom made for me in the ‘regular’ calf. They have a ‘slim’ as well. They are plenty tall enough on my long legs too.

[QUOTE=horselovelife;7796471]

Ps I’m kinda hoping to pay under 200 bucks to:D[/QUOTE]

I’ve 5’7" and 160 (sigh. :slight_smile: ) with very thick calves (thanks, Grandma :lol:) I had to buy custom boots to get them wide enough and tall enough. I haven’t found a pair off of the rack boots that are both wide and tall. My customs are 21" tall. My legs really aren’t all that freakish, but to account for some drop, I need something that tall.

You may be like the rest of us with non-stock type legs. My advice is to start saving.

I feel your pain! I’m 125lbs and 5’11, mile long skinny legs lol I have the Ariat Heritage 2’s from like 6 years ago extra tall extra slim? I would have to look again when I get home after work. They do the trick, but I bought them a half size too big I think x_x and they have too much material in the ankle for my liking. They do the trick though. I wish I had spanish tops, I waaaant spanish tops for my next boot! I think they are a tad short since they dropped but that’s ok, it’s not a huge deal. I’m going to save up for some custom field boots I think. So I will be using this thread for research purposes! :lol:

Tuffrider has a newish line of Parlanti knockoffs in the 200-300 range. The dress boot comes in an XTall model, with the height hovering near 20 inches depending on foot size.

The Regals also look like they run pretty tall off the rack.

I saw these boots in person (though I didn’t try them on) and they have the “leather sock” look of the high end custom show boots but I was sort of put off by the Tuffrider logo that is very visible at the top of the boot. Call me a snob, I guess! Also, these do not seem like they’d stand up to daily riding so I’d save them for shows.

They come in extra slim.

Otherwise, the Ariat Crowne pros seem to have the highest Spanish top aside from the $$$ Monacos and their slims are actually a hair too slim for me, while slims in other models (i.e. Heritage) and brands are typically baggy on me! You usually can find the previous model (not the quantum crowne pros) on ebay in the 200-300 range.

Perhaps our (long legged riders) best bet would be to look at the height of the Spanish tops? A nice high side could cover up the fact that the boots are a hair short overall, right?

[QUOTE=alternate_universe;7798313]
Perhaps our (long legged riders) best bet would be to look at the height of the Spanish tops? A nice high side could cover up the fact that the boots are a hair short overall, right?[/QUOTE]

Yah I’m def looking for the Spanish tops, my last 3 shows I wore my far to short boots and they were almost 4 inches below my knee:no:

[QUOTE=french fry;7797408]
Tuffrider has a newish line of Parlanti knockoffs in the 200-300 range. The dress boot comes in an XTall model, with the height hovering near 20 inches depending on foot size.

The Regals also look like they run pretty tall off the rack.

I saw these boots in person (though I didn’t try them on) and they have the “leather sock” look of the high end custom show boots but I was sort of put off by the Tuffrider logo that is very visible at the top of the boot. Call me a snob, I guess! Also, these do not seem like they’d stand up to daily riding so I’d save them for shows.

They come in extra slim."

The JPC Regal boot is lovely but, it has not been my experience that is runs tall. We sell a ton of them. The boot does come in an extra slim but it runs generous in the calf. The extra slim will fit a larger calf. if you have a tiny calf, the extra slim will be a bit big.
Just make sure that whatever boot you buy you research how much it will drop. They all drop differently. Tredstep drops about an inch.
I hope this help.

[QUOTE=ChagrinSaddlery;7798579]
The JPC Regal boot is lovely but, it has not been my experience that is runs tall. We sell a ton of them. The boot does come in an extra slim but it runs generous in the calf. The extra slim will fit a larger calf. if you have a tiny calf, the extra slim will be a bit big.
Just make sure that whatever boot you buy you research how much it will drop. They all drop differently. Tredstep drops about an inch.
I hope this help.[/QUOTE]

That’s too bad about the Regals! Next time I was in town I was going to come by and try some on in the store. They must drop a ton since it looked like the height was about 20 inches. I am still very put off by the logo placement but if nothing else they seem like they’d be nice as a back up pair of boots for shows.

Do the Regals definitely not come in extra tall, then?

I second the de niros (I have a tall super skinny calf). I know they’re out of your price range, but maybe you could find a used pair at a local consignment store??? They come in x tall and xxs small calf. Good luck :slight_smile:

I am always really confused about the De Niro recommendation - every time I crunch the numbers it looks like the extra extra talls are only 19 inches on average. Ariats run taller than that. Are the size charts inaccurate?

Trey the mountain horse supremes. I think they run tall and slim enough, but not sure.

[QUOTE=french fry;7797408]
I was sort of put off by the Tuffrider logo that is very visible at the top of the boot. Call me a snob, I guess![/QUOTE]

You’re a snob! :wink:

Seriously, I’m glad brands like Tuffrider and Ovation are putting out affordable show clothes that look nice. They are providing a real service.

[QUOTE=Dewey;7800507]
You’re a snob! :wink:

Seriously, I’m glad brands like Tuffrider and Ovation are putting out affordable show clothes that look nice. They are providing a real service.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know - most shoes/boots one buys do NOT have advertising (company logos) in highly visible places … instead the sole is stamped or inside the boot in various places (obviously running shoes are an exception for many companies, but even so, there are manufacturers that don’t shout “company name” to the world).

I looked at some AMAZING la Canadienne tall boots today (& they offer some truly t.a.l.l boots) - if only they offered an equestrian boot :smiley: