Unlimited access >

Tall Boots for Wide, Short Legs?

I have been looking all over for a pair of tall boots that would fit me. My calves are 16 inches tall and 20 inches wide. The only place I have been able to find everything that would fit me is in the United Kingdom, and shipping costs an arm and a leg. I’m pretty desperate to find a new pair of boots, preferably in the United States. Help! :sigh:

I’m in the same boat except I’m a 15" calf height 15" calf width and 7.5 foot

I’ve seen a few people recommend Fuller Fillies boots. A search shows at least one us tack shop carries them. Others might be able to order them for you. http://www.eetackshop.com/FFspecialty.htm

I would try the Ovation Flex Plus boots. I picked up the regular ones in a XXW on sale last year and they are really nice. http://www.ovationriding.com/ovation-flex-plus-field-boot-468752

Smartpak carries a large calf version of the Tredstep Donatello - they have it in two calf sizes, and have both field and dress boots. Pretty good quality for the price point, and easy to break in.

Fuller Fillies, Tuffrider, and possibly Ovation Flex are your best bets for short heights. If you happen to wear a size 8-9, message me. I have a used pair that the calf is too big for me that could be rehomed.

I tried the Donatellos and was woefully disappointed. I felt like the calf was so odd shaped. I need 17.25 width and 20 tall. They were very narrow in the ankle and then like a huge ball in the calf. It was very hard to explain. In the end I broke down and got customs.

I think the Ariat Heritages come in a variety of widths and heights for each size. Dover has them.

[QUOTE=ndirish07;8661432]
I tried the Donatellos and was woefully disappointed. I felt like the calf was so odd shaped. I need 17.25 width and 20 tall. They were very narrow in the ankle and then like a huge ball in the calf. It was very hard to explain. In the end I broke down and got customs.[/QUOTE]

I think it just depends on the shape of you calf. I like that they are narrow in the ankle, and wide in the ‘upper calf’. It works for me, though the main reason I need more than normal wide calf boots is due to an injury to one leg in that area so perhaps that is why they work for me.

Still worth a try for the OP - in the wide calf market, I think they are probably the best non-custom option quality and looks wide.

I just want to say that I feel your pain, but don’t have any good suggestions. I have given up finding ready made boots that are both wide enough and short enough for me. But, I make do perfectly well with paddock boots and half chaps, since I don’t really compete much anymore and if I do, it is just a small local show.

I also tried the plus sized Donatellos and was disappointed. They were too tall and the calf of the boot was not near the actual location of my calf.

I know someone who bought the TuffRider plus size boots to spare her show boots and was pleasantly surprised at the fit and quality. Better than expected for the price.

https://www.equestriancollections.com/ladies-riding-boots/english-riding-boots/field-boots/jp-ladies-plus-size-field-boots