Unlimited access >

Tall Field Boot Recommendations

[QUOTE=PaintedHunter;7504921]
How much did yours drop, if I might ask? I’m hoping a decent amount, as mine are decidedly too high.[/QUOTE]

Once they were fully broken in they dropped about a half of an inch. I was a bit worried when i first tried them on but after a month they fit like a glove! I wore mine around the house and would flex my ankle on my stairs… I got some strange looks from my boyfriend but i avoided blisters and they look and feel fabulous now when I’m riding! I’m in love!!!

How much did yours drop, if I might ask? I’m hoping a decent amount, as mine are decidedly too high.[/QUOTE]

Once they were fully broken in they dropped about a half of an inch. I was a bit worried when i first tried them on but after a month they fit like a glove! I wore mine around the house and would flex my ankle on my stairs… I got some strange looks from my boyfriend but i avoided blisters and they look and feel fabulous now when I’m riding! I’m in love!!!

OK. I hope half an inch will do it! i think I need closer to 3/4", but we’ll see once everything softens up. I’ll get some inserts if I have to :slight_smile:

Hello All,

Thanks so much for all of the recommendations. I ended up trying and purchasing the Sergio Grasso Imperia 7.5 XHE. They do have them in stock at Dover. I tried them on and they fit perfect! Its amazing to find a style that fits after trying on several. Other than just finding the right fit, the quality and craftsmanship is higher than the other brands I tried (Ariat, Mountain Horse, and Tred Step). They leather is a bit softer, but not so soft that they seem like they will get baggy, so hopefully they will last awhile since they were a pretty penny :slight_smile:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/sergio-grasso-imperia-field-bo/p/X1-38746/

You will love them! I got a new pair a week ago and they’re already broken in and lovely!

I love my DerDaus! And DeNiro is another boot that is quite lovely.