Taping an ankle to ride...

I have a bum ankle, and it’s starting to get sore while I’m riding. I know how to tape it from my gymnastic days but I’m not sure if there’s a better way to do it for riding. It’s an old sprain that never healed quite right.

(Yes, I’m very broken. :eek::lol:)

Does anyone tape/wrap their ankles to ride? How do you do it? It is bulky under your boot? Luckily, I’m only riding at home so I can wear my paddock boots and half chaps.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

I sometimes do! I also have a bum ankle from some ligament damage that never healed quite the way it should have. My physical therapist showed me how to tape it and it definitely helps. I mostly use something like this and it works pretty well. I can’t remember what the brand is of the one I use, but it fits very snug and offers pretty good support. It’s slim enough that it fits fine under my boots. I’ve tried lots of others that are more supportive, but they’re all too bulky for under my boots.

I strained my achilles a couple years ago and it flares up here and there, I’ll use a neoprene ankle bandage (cheap at the local drugstore) and it really helps. You can also rub in arnica or other pain relieving lotion/potion under the wrap

Thanks! I’m going to have a look for both types.

I have badly healed sprains on both ankles. I use vet wrap. I have gotten good at taping it, and only need one or two layers at most.