Unlimited access >

TB Event stallions- Rather Well, Lucarelli

[QUOTE=Fred;8549715]
OP thank you for the kind comment about A Fine Romance.
AFR has a very ‘old’ pedigree with many of the most influential TBs in his family - he is 4x4 Nasrullah, 5x5 Princequillo, with Royal Charger, Bold Bidder, Turn to,My Babu, etc.
He has no Mr P or ND in his pedigree.
There are two youngsters who will not be breeding in 2016, but who may be available for limited breedings in 2017.
One is a full TB son of AFR - with no ND and no Mr P - which I think is remarkable in this day.
The other is an AFR grandson by VDL Windsor (Indoctro - Ahorn). His dam is a ful sister to an Advanced event horse and winning GP jumper.
I know this doesn’t help you for this year, but keep your eye out for them in the future. :)[/QUOTE]

This makes me so happy! I’m want to get into TB breeding long term, this is great news to me!

[QUOTE=Erin Pittman;8550007]
Yes, Salute The Truth is still standing this year. We are taking each year one at a time since he’s getting up there in age. Last year, he settled every mare but one on the first breeding (and that mare was an older maiden who’s owner opted not to try again) - we’re hopeful that this year will be the same! There are lots of Willy photos and Willy baby photos on our Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/dodonfarm[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope he remains available for a few more years. I need to find the right mare for him! I’ve researched his pedigree quite a bit and am impressed. Does he freeze well?

[QUOTE=SFJ;8557578]
I sincerely hope he remains available for a few more years. I need to find the right mare for him! I’ve researched his pedigree quite a bit and am impressed. Does he freeze well?[/QUOTE]

Sorry! I don’t come here often. We never tried freezing him and now that he’s over 20, it’s not something we’ll try.

Just to update in case people are getting this thread in a search - we had to retire Salute the Truth this year due to neurological issues.

[QUOTE=Erin Pittman;8652185]
Just to update in case people are getting this thread in a search - we had to retire Salute the Truth this year due to neurological issues.[/QUOTE]

So sorry to hear… I always liked him. Best of luck! It’s always hard when they get older ):

[QUOTE=Erin Pittman;8652185]
Just to update in case people are getting this thread in a search - we had to retire Salute the Truth this year due to neurological issues.[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry to hear this, Erin.
It is hard to see them get older.

[QUOTE=SFJ;8557576]
This makes me so happy! I’m want to get into TB breeding long term, this is great news to me![/QUOTE]

Thank you, OP. They are my hope for the future.

[QUOTE=Fred;8652658]
Thank you, OP. They are my hope for the future.[/QUOTE]

What is the name of the full TB son? I’d like to know what name to search for when the time comes :slight_smile:

Erin,
Did you have frozen available on Salute The Truth?

Sadly, no. We never got around to doing any test collections for that before he died.

1 Like