Unlimited access >

TB Pedigree Eval for Eventing

I agree, and I second the call for pictures!

2 Likes

here are two not so stellar pictures! He’s arriving here via the shipper Monday afternoon, I can take some better pictures then.

Thank you so much everyone for all your help!

13 Likes

Handsome boy indeed. He has that absolutely timeless TB look.

2 Likes

Photos of his dam here-
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/thoroughbred/delightful-quality/2009

He is lovely! Congrats ! Please keep us updated as you progress in your journey with your new boy.

1 Like

Here’s a few more! He’s a stunner. I can’t wait for him to get home! I can’t wait to ride him! I have definitely fallen for the romanticism of the classic all american TB! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :joy:

6 Likes

He’s lovely! A galloping machine! I also think that you have lucked out with this one, he looks very special. An athlete! Please DO continue to supply us with pictures in the coming weeks and months, as you start to work with him and ride him. And jump him. Just when you happen to get a nice pic of him in work, remember this thread, and indulge us!

1 Like

Thank you for the pictures. Best of luck with him and pleased let us know how things go! :slight_smile:

Been quietly following along. Whoa, what a hunk! His dam is also such a nice horse. And yes please, I would LOVE to see him all fit. What a find!

3 Likes

Also following. When he muscles up, he should look even more impressive.

Just thought I would update everyone that he arrived home safe and sound this morning :slight_smile: He needs some groceries and some muscle, and he is definitely going through an awkward growth stage, but he is sweet and quiet and very well put together. I’ll try to remember to update with pics once he looks a little less thrifty!

25 Likes

Thought maybe it was time for an update! I have had this handsome man for about three months now and I am completely smitten with him. He’s an absolute gentleman about everything. Very gentle, quiet minded, and trainable. He was going through a growth spurt just as I got him, which he’s nearly finished now. He’s come up nicely in front and I think will finish out nicely uphill. He’s packed on some pounds with some better nutrition and is starting to muscle up from consistent work and lots of hacking. He came to me with some pretty bad angles in his feet up front but with some better farrier care his range of motion is improving and he’s just getting nicer and nicer. He’s an absolute gem! Best baby horse ever :heart_eyes:
image|666x500

7 Likes

5 Likes

So cool! I’m glad he is everything you hoped for.

And I’m not surprised to hear he is level-headed and trainable. There is a lot of PR about how the Darley/Godolphin horses are started under saddle and they seem to leave no detail missed. I was surprised to see how they utilize a technique that is kind of a blend of how you would start show horses v. racehorses. More groundwork and more balanced arena work than most racehorses receive in addition to conditioning on the hills and grass prior to heading to the training track.

6 Likes
One last update to this thread! He’s an absolute doll. This was his first field trip, over to a friends indoor. Thank you everyone who responded to this thread! I have a very special boy on my hands. He’s taking to eventing like a duck to water. Now if only Maine would thaw out enough to get out cross country!
5 Likes