Unlimited access >

TB's I Have Known - [FB PAGE STARTED w/ Database!!! - update on 1st post]

[QUOTE=Acertainsmile;2427259]
I galloped One Tuff Oop and Bold and Gorgeous!!! One Tuff Oop stood at stud at Summer Wind Farm and is now in Virginia, I cant remember the farm name off hand, if you google his name you might find him! Bold and Gorgeous went on to be a broodmare in Kentucky. I havent seen her in the past two years, but was trying to keep track of her for awhile… Who are you? Have a feeling we know each other[/QUOTE]

I worked for Dale Capuano during my last two years in high school and the summer after my first year in college. I only walked hots and had three I rubbed. I can’t remember all the names of the horses I liked but I have TONS of pictures. Lisa Wheatley rubbed Oop and I adored that horse. He always tried to kill the guys who messed with him but for some reason he was good for me. I remember Bold anf Gorgeous because she was small and cute. Same owner. Another mare I remember was “Autotrain” she was small but such a spitfire! I’ll have to dig up some old pictures. I can email them to you privately if you like.

Awesome thread…

Here’s a list that I currently own:

Fred Ex - 1994 bay gelding (bred by Flying Zee Stables, NY)
Mozambique - 1995 dk. brown gelding (unknown??)
Grant’s Our Boy - 1996 bay gelding (trained by Susan Fisher, history unknown)
Legal Bill - 1999 chestnut mare (bred by Robert Bakerman, FL)
Woodsplinter - 2002 bay mare (bred by Davidsons Tracks & Time, MI)

I’m lucky enough to know about both of my mares pasts. I have Fred Ex’s papers and he won a few races at Finger Lakes from 1997-2000.

I’ve been told by Jenarby that Grant’s Our Boy was an “old class” racehorse in his day placing in two stakes races in 1999. Both were second place finishes in the Horizon Stakes (turf) and the Green Carpet Handicap. He ran mostly at Thistledown and Mountaineer.

Mozambique is a mystery, papers were lost (divorce) and I never received them when I got him. I would love to know more about his racing history if anyone has heard of him.

It would be great to talk off the board to anyone who may know my “kids”.

ilovejumpers- Where did you get Mozambique from??

I’m usually really good about remembering names of every horse I’ve met (I even remember the ones we looked at to buy, but didn’t)

Mozambique sounds VERY familiar…but just having a hard time placing where…do you have any pictures??

Steelerdr

He was previous owned by the Harwell family and trained extensively in dressage by Carol Grant’s daughter, Tonya Grant-Barber. The people I got him from were intimidated by him and put him out to pasture basically. He’s a really nice horse that’s very well trained and a 10++ mover. Here’s a pic of him: http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/ilovejumpers/One%20Last%20Dance%20aka%20Oliver/DCP_0293.jpg

Still blanking on how I know him…but I think I know him somehow…where are you/is he located?

Steelerdr

I’m in Michigan.

Ok I have a very large list …so here goes. Maybe someone has seen/heard of one of them! Most of these horses ran the PA NJ DEL circuit.

Lloyd’s Summer
Pebo’s Delight
Magic Payoff
Sammy’sluckystar
Style Dancer
Heavenly Scandal
Gamble Mansion
U.R. Flagged
Just U.S.
Top Gunner
Bowl Me Over
Key To My Fortune
Dakota’s Trick
Tropical Illusion
Incatotus
Minnie’s Mac
Masterful Melody
Zesty Zeal
Shadow Proof
Touring Pro
Quick Kiss
Stark Waving Mad
Texas Gold
Danny 'N Mike
Dixie Tempo
Search For Flowers
Chamuco
Varley
T Biscuit
Eastern Gambler

Whew… that’s all I can think of (for now) Oh yeah and my screen name…a horse I used to own as a racehorse…Mega Rock :slight_smile:

Great thread!

Here are three that we have owned:

Run for Charlie ('78 grey gelding by Amachamp out of Lady Gay by Grand Admiral) and still going strong at age 29!

Enchanted Table ('86 bay mare by Noble Table out of Eldo’s Enchantment by An Eldorado)

Be Mine Tonight ('97 chestnut gelding by Belong To Me out of Belle Nuit by Dr. Carter)

Some we’ve owned or have had in the barn:

Rossi Star
Double Airs
Pasteur (IRE)
Encantador
Red Label
Faeton
Double Torsion
Rays A Ruler
Eggsonthegriddle
Ongoing Storm
Satay
Latin Bound
Luce Bundle
Slew Ha Ha
Marque’s Account
Stormin Iron
Dingle Bay
Todays Delivery

Each one special!

Does anyone know / Remember

Maximum Pleasure 1982 chestnut gelding. Star no other white about 17hnds. Out of “Try to Please” by Capitan Astro.

Bred by Barbara J Myres in VA.

We aquired him in gosh…well 13 years ago. He had found his way to NY and then to Fl. Just seeing if anyone remembered him. Or new his breeder.

Hes a good boy 25 now. Still does a little work teaching Walk trotters and SS riders.

Also a 1972 model or later. B on his tatoo. Came with the name "O’ Brother" Chestnut gelding. White socks on his left side. Blaze. Big scar that ran down from inside of his right stifle to his fetlock.

Came to us through Judy Young of Even Keel farm in Fl as a jumper he as since passed away but would love ot know if anyone remembers him.

ilovejumpers

I looked up Mozambique-here’s his chart- he is by Goldgallino(IRE) out of Can’t Catch Slew by the almighty Seattle Slew. He was bred By Haras Santa Isabel, Inc in Fuerto Rico on Feb 13, 1995. Ran stricktly at El Commendor in PR.

Date Track Race# Age/Sex Race Class Earnings Distance Surface Trk Cond Finish Jockey Equip / Med Weight
03/26/98 ELC 3 Cl6500 $0 7F Dirt Good 13 Hiraldo, J 112 Chart
03/06/98 ELC 3 Cl6500 $260 1 1/16M Dirt Muddy 5 Garcia, J 112 Chart
02/16/98 ELC 3 Cl6500 $390 1 1/8M Dirt Good 4 H.Torres, 116 Chart
01/29/98 ELC 3 Mcl6500 $3,900 1 1/16M Dirt Good 1 H.Torres, 112 Chart
01/11/98 ELC 3 Cl7150 $286 1 1/16M Dirt Good 5 C.Hernandez 114 Chart
12/01/97 ELC 2 Mcl7150 $0 6 1/2F Dirt Good 6 C.Hernandez 114 Chart
11/21/97 ELC 2 Mcl7150 $1,430 1 1/16M Dirt Sloppy 2 C.Hernandez 114 Chart
11/13/97 ELC 2 Mcl6500 $0 6 1/2F Dirt Good 6 C.Camilo, 107 Chart
10/17/97 ELC 2 Mcl7150 $0 7F Dirt Good 8 A.Viera, 113 Chart
09/26/97 ELC 2 Cl7800 $0 7F Dirt Muddy 6 Toro, M 111 Chart
09/12/97 ELC 2 Cl6500 $0 6 1/2F Dirt Good 6 H.Torres,

JMK

Some of your horses listed ran at Suffolk Downs as recent as last year. 17hd may know about them and where they ended up. Ray’s a Ruler and Dingle Bay def. ran here last year and 1 or 2 of the others sound familar.

JMK is actually the wonderful person who gave Ray, Double Torsion, and Dingle Bay new homes after the end of the meet last year. How are they doing? Please give them nose pats from their friends “back East!” :slight_smile:

Also, JMK - do you still have Red Label? I’d love to see a pic of him if you have any. He has the same sire as my TB and I used to have him in my Virtual Stable as a result. Am wondering if he’s a sweet goofball like my guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Spooked!!!

You’ve just made my day! I’m sooooooo excited to finally know about his racing career, etc. You are AWESOME!! Thank you so much!

A few more:

September Dawn (we sold her last fall as a broodie)
York Hills (was claimed from us)
Desert Singer (I sold as a resale and have lost track of the owners)
Flying Lad (gave him away for the race trainer…last I heard he was in MI)
Page Proof (dam of my gelding, just wondered if anyone knew anything of her)
Peytontown Native (passed away but wondered if anyone knew him)

Currently owned:
Khumbaba (2000)

Formerly owned:

Brilliant Ray (1989) … would love to know where she is now
Can Run (1975) … rescued, wonderful horse, lived to be almost 32
Dynasty Queen (1983)… RIP, what a great horse
Ran Fifth (1988) … crazy critter :slight_smile:
Icy Drift (1975) … crazy critter :slight_smile:
Macart (1973)… rescued, wonderful horse, ran 93 times!
OK for Me (1988) … living in luxury in Texas
Penny Andy (1983)… would like to have her back
Tender Touch (1989) … I think she is in Iowa breeding QH racehorses
Teo’s Lady (1980) … RIP

Currently or last owned by friends

Bold Ashley (1987)
Just Plain Nasty (1990) rip…left a gorgeous orphan baby
Love Flies (1984)…don’t know if she was ever raced, but great broodmare
Quick Glory (1991)
Star Crazy (1995) super nice gelding
Zooter Scooter (1989)

I’m sure I’ll remember more later.

Hey! My uncle bred Top Gunner! I would like to know how/what she’s up to now, also!!!

Also, Danny 'N Mike…was he a chestnut stallion? If so, there was a barn here in VA that stood a TB stallion by that name.

Here are some we’ve owned and or rehomed:

Flying Porker (happily giving lessons in Uxbridge MA)
Dawn’s First Light (happily giving lessons in Uxbridge MA, barn name “Sam”)
Summer’s Attraction (happily giving lessons in Uxbridge MA)
Little Kelly Girl (may still be in Uxbridge, not sure)
Rocky Racoona (eventing in MA)
Ray’s Future (show horse in MA, now known as Pay it Forward or “Trevor”)
Short Wrappers (show horse in MA, barn name “Ziggy”)
Miss Oakhurst (show horse in MA, barn name “Sadie”)
Lizzie’s Tizzy (show horse in MA, now known as Cosmopolitan)

Oh So Lively aka “Tommy”- was eventing in RI - would LOVE to hear how he is doing!

Skip With Grace - rehomed twice - back in MA from Ohio
Miracles Can Happen - dressage in MA now known as “Stormy”
Sherborn - know know as “Bounce” in MA
Joilie’s Melody - owned by Canter volunteer
Little Carbon - sold to a show home
Little South - sold to a show home
Tequila Tina - sold to a nice girl in MA for the hunters
Arctic Sand - still running I believe (was claimed from us)
Pressing the Irish - doing dressage in NJ
Ben’s Approval - in NJ I think doing dressage as well
Brassy Brit - sold as a riding horse, but not sure where she went

Would love to hear any news about these guys - especially Oh So Lively!

Wow small world. I had Top Gunner from about 99 to 2000. I believe she is in Florida as a broodmare, John Servis claimed her from me (for Jonabell Farm) and she has produced a couple of babies that are racing right now. Her first foal is named “We Can Do” her second foal is named “Open Meeting” third foal “Top Tripp” fourth foal “Top Mandate” her 2006 foal, a colt is yet named. Your uncle’s initials must be CH?

Yep Danny 'N Mike was in fact a chestnut stallion. He was actually a pretty decent runner back in his day.

It’s nice to read some of these names!

Little South is thriving as a show/pleasure mount and has a great home with a young horsewoman in NH.

Jolie’s Melody, aka “The Air Fern,” :slight_smile: looks beautiful and enjoys a life of leisure with our Exec. Director, Ellen!

I have Arctic Sand in my Virtual Stable, and he is still running at Thistledown in OH. I really liked that horse - he was tough, and all class. I hope he is doing well…can’t remember what his last race result was. I know he had a string of wins last year.