Unlimited access >

Tell Me About Dante Weltino

I would like the info on Dante Weltino. What type of mare best suits him? What does he bring to the table both positive and negative? Anyone use his frozen semen? What is the quality of the frozen semen? Pregnancies? Etc…

Thank you…:o

Anybody? :o

Well at least I can assume he is not too popular from lack of any responses at all.:no: :frowning:

I saw that someone on FB used the semen and got a pregnancy, but her mare aborted recently. Other than that, I have no idea. He looks very nice.

I think Crosiadore Farms has used him. fwiw I like him a lot, he has such good conformation behind and looks really talented.

Thanks all. :slight_smile:

Topkat used him; she had one mare abort but I think still has a mare in foal to him. She said the semen was good.

MMT used him as well, but in Europe, so not with Frozen but it was an ET. I have seen photos and video of her colt and he is a mover for sure (although MMT’s mare is really nice too).

I had planned on breeding to Dante Weltino, but the 2012 breeding year was not a good one and decided to try early in 2013. First saw Dante Weltino at his Korung and he was lovely. Saw him again under saddle this summer and while the judges thought he was irregular in the trot (which he was a tiny bit) I saw a gorgeous, obedient stallion that had been maybe bred too much. Dante Weltino has been heavily used in Oldenburg and many breeders have bred back. But when I really fell for him is when I saw Riwera de Hus, full sister to Dante Weltino’s dam, go under saddle (only video) I fell is love and decided this dam line was something special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv94pwVfKRc

Thanks for the replies. OMG Nancy that mare is awesome. What a beautiful picture she presents. I would certainly fill my barn with ones just like her. :D:D

I did have my very best producing mare in foal and she did abort at 5+ months. I’ve see him in his stall and only videos of him under saddle. He has an excellent dam line which convinced me to use him. I have one mare still in foal to him, glad I bred two. His semen is excellent, one cyle with one dose for each mare. I don’t know what I’ll do with the mare that has now slipped two foals in the past 5 years, maybe LFG with cooled semen this year. Her Dante Weltino should have been a really good one:(

I am so sorry for your loss and glad that you have one still on the way. I had my Contender mare slip her Quite Easy foal at about 8 months and I was devastated. Please post pictures when your foal arrives. :smiley:

I"m sorry for you loss too, it’s sad to have the dream just go away with the loss. I will post a photo. Thank you Blue Moon.

Dante Weltino is live now on clipmyhorse.de
The stallion show from the Munster KK Cup.
Should be archived and free in a few hours

Thanks Melissa but unfortunately it won’t play on my iPAD. I am in the hospital right now so my iPAD is my only resource. How did he do? I really like him.

You really have to see the stallion live to understand just how special he is. He has perfect character.

From a conformation standpoint he has more of a square frame. I was told he passes on this. The legs have just the right amount of bone to be able to hold up to advanced dressage work.

Dan

We have three Dante Weltinos at our farm. I personally own one 2014 filly who I bought in utero along with her Licotus/Quo Vadis/Furioso II dam from Nancy (Crosiadore Farms). She is just everything I could want, and I ended up keeping her for myself, in spite of plans to sell! She’s a beautiful improvement on her already lovely dam, with three excellent gaits, including a particularly spectacular canter. We have another 2014 colt from a Lord Liberty G/Donnerhall/Pik Bube mare, and a three year old filly who I just started under saddle. I cannot say enough nice things about them. They are all bold, friendly, extremely people-oriented, and very smart and easy to work with. Just truly special characters. I would breed him to a mare with a strong topline and good neck. He added some length of frame to our kids, along with very good bone. He does seem to cross best with mares that have a decent bit of blood.

The three year old filly from a Rohdiamant/De Niro dam, who I have just started riding, is going to be a super sporthorse. She has a really good walk and an excellent canter. She is a bit slow to mature, and building her topline will take some time, as right now her quick and strong hind end kind of overpowers her front. However, she should progress just as quickly as she physically matures and gets stronger, because she tries so hard, is so responsive, and has such a good natural connection with the bridle. She is very supple and has given me a super soft back and good place to sit right from the first time I sat on her. At only a dozen rides or so she moves off seat and leg very well; I expect she will be laterally gifted. She does require, at least at this very early point in her life, someone who will keep her engaged and challenged- if her rider/handler is going to take the backseat, she is perfectly happy to have a go at driving the bus herself.

All in all, I am a huge Dante Weltino fan, and will very probably end up breeding my mare back to him at some point in the future because that foal was so very nice. As a young horse trainer, you could give me them to break and ride all day long.

I have had 3 Dante Weltino foals. I got a colt out of my French Kiss - De Niro mare in 2014 and a full sibling filly in 2015. I had a 2015 colt out of my Donnerhall - Plaisir d’Amour mare 2 days ago.

All are lovely, but still to young to be in serious training. The 2014 colt is VERY tall, over 15 hands as a yearling. Very nice mover. Great mind. The full sibling filly is very refined and is not quite as tall as her brother was a birth.

The colt out of the Donnerhall mare is tall as well, definitely taller than the filly out of the French Kiss mare, but perhaps not quite as tall as his older 1/2 brother. All are very people oriented and friendly. All are black with some white markings.

I have 2 x 3yo geldings. One out of a Hotline mare, the other out of a Fidertanz son. Both quite different types, the gelding out of the Hotline mare is more square shaped, the gelding out of the F mare is taller and leggier. Both friendly young horses with good handles. I’m keen to get them under saddle. Would love to hear how the DW’s mentioned above in this thread are going.

1 Like

I have a 3yo gelding as well, so following :slightly_smiling_face: