Unlimited access >

Tell me about driving American Shetlands

Sadly, no. While I had decided to buy the little mare, and said I needed to complete two things before making a PayPal deposit. One was to send an experienced horsewoman from my end of the world who winters in ocala to put her eyes on the pony and take some additional pics. ( I wasn’t vetting the pony. She was priced too low ). And second was to line up a ride from a local PA shipper who I really trust hauling horses that far. That was a conversation on Friday. Had my friend on board Saturday to go see the pony on Monday and secured space for pony for March 8th. All within 24 hrs of owner’s and my last conversation. Owner ignored my text I sent Saturday about everything falling in place and let me know if Monday would work for her. I didn’t hear from her until Sunday. She simply texted her trainer “had bought her pony yesterday”, nothing else. I texted her a “thank you for taking the time to talk to me about her pony”. That was that. So I’m back to looking for a 11.2 - 13 h pony since at this point of my game I have too stuff ( carts, harnesses, sheets, turnouts) to change up all that for a too small or too large pony. Just call me Goldilocks. Lol

2 Likes

Oh, that’s too bad. How incredibly rude of the owner. What’s the matter with people?

1 Like

I agree, pretty rude of seller. Sorry it did not work out. I am seeing some nice looking small ponies on various FB groups. Not sure where you are shopping to find ponies.

1 Like

Not that it’s right – but these days it is common for people to wait to answer something like that until they know for sure what the answer is.

The truth is that if you want to buy something that is in demand, you can’t wait and hope the seller holds the pony off the market over the weekend. That’s the seller’s best chance to get the pony sold, when many buyers are more easily able to come look on the weekend.

The seller doesn’t know for sure that a sale will happen until it does - either out-of-state, or locally.

All the seller can do is encourage the locals and her trainer to decide and close the sale by Sunday. But there isn’t much reason to put off the other out-of-state sale until the seller knows for sure that a local is definitely buying.

3 Likes