Unlimited access >

Tell me about Synchill

Looking for some help in reducing anxiety on a daily basis. By way of background, while perfect under saddle in every situation, there was a period of time where he was asked to work while his body hurt … that has been fixed but he may have some PTSD, especially in the canter transitions. He also has a tendency to get spun up in his stall by barking dogs (thanks for nothing, neighbors), as well as unidentified triggers that may be contributing to repeating ulcers.

Let’s stay on the topic of Synchill … this horse has had everything checked in his body through every possible work up you could imagine, and lives a life that is as close to checklist perfect as one could hope for, according to about 4 different vets. So, there may be something going on in his brain that might benefit from a little more chillax time.

Anyone use it? How effective is it? Any side effects?

I have noticed zero negative side effects.

This is the ONLY product (of this variety) that actually works for my mare. I give one tube about 1.5 hours before schooling and then a second tube about an hour before showing. If it’s a LONG day of showing I keep a 3rd tube handy but have never needed to give a third tube.

It’s more of a gel consistency versus a paste (like perfect prep) so it’s easier to administer and it doesn’t have that awful smell like PP does.

It takes that nervous edge off of her (when she’s in a new place) and helps her focus, but doesn’t make her lethargic. She just ultimately is more calm and focused on our task versus everything else going on around her.

I recommend giving it a shot. I usually get mine right from Amazon and it ships via Prime shipping as an added bonus.

1 Like