Unlimited access >

Tell me about your *dream* tack trunk

My DH built me a trunk recently…maple trim on the edges and maple plywood sides (lighter than all solid wood) so it’s not terrible to move with two people (it also has wheels if I need to move it myself). It’s got a bandage lid, a sliding tray for little things, a grooming tote, and a removable shelf so I have plenty of storage options. The spring loaded handles are great and I wrapped the handle part with sheepskin to make carrying it easier on tender paws.

One of my favorite features are the LED lights he installed underneath the rails doe the sliding tray…no more hunting around in the dark for your missing spur strap!!!

Don’t skimp on hardware or materials - I think he paid nearly $100 for the handles, gasket, hingers, wheels, latch, etc alone but it’s built to last. Also look into different woods - I love the look of maple but other woods may be far more affordable!

It’s about as big as a large walk in closet and hands me what I want when I appear at the entry.

I did make the armoire type that someone previously noted, out of an entertainment armoire that got the boot when the flat screens became the rage. It’s really nice and I can store 2 saddles in top, with room for bridles etc in between/at sides… and the bottom has a cabinet for other items [groom box, pads, whatnot]. It’s sittin’ there full of Yosters stuff that doesn’t fit the new geezer…

[QUOTE=Angela Freda;8629003]
It’s about as big as a large walk in closet and hands me what I want when I appear at the entry.[/QUOTE]

I’m sold. :lol: :lol: