That pony lawsuit...OMG you have to see those Heritage Invoices

So I was strolling rate my horse pro under the heritage lawsuit and saw the posting of the Heritage Stables invoices to the pony mom. WOW is all I can say. Those bills are huge, lots of billing for medications, supplements, and $480.00 for pony shoeing. I can’t imagine spending that kind of money. Huge commissions on lease and sales are even on the bills. You have to see it to believe it.

Wow those are some hefty bills!!

Notice that it never says how many horses are included on those bills. And any one that thinks these bills are out of line for a top show barn spending the whole winter in Palm Beach just has never been there on full care and training in a beautiful home barn, or just isn’t paying attention.

1 Like

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I want to know why 2 Jimmy’s bridles cost $2600. Is that a magickal bridle?

[QUOTE=goodlife;7017404]
I want to know why 2 Jimmy’s bridles cost $2600. Is that a magickal bridle?[/QUOTE]

Apparently not!

The bottom of the line Jimmy’s is about $700. If it is custom, it will be more for sure. May have involved a personal measurement and travel. Some people LOVE Jimmy’s tack and will pay anything for it. Just sayin’.

[QUOTE=chunky munky;7017400]
Notice that it never says how many horses are included on those bills. And any one that thinks these bills are out of line for a top show barn spending the whole winter in Palm Beach just has never been there on full care and training in a beautiful home barn, or just isn’t paying attention.[/QUOTE]
It does say how many and apparently they had 6 horses she showed at one point, to the tune of 30k for pony finals alone. Oh to be that wealthy!

Yes if you look closely at the bills under quantity it shows how many horses per line item. It looks like it breaks down to $20,000 per horse per month. That is ridiculous.

I I will go back and look again. I just don’t see much itemization.

[QUOTE=chunky munky;7017419]
I I will go back and look again. I just don’t see much itemization.[/QUOTE]

At the top of some of the invoices it lists the names of the horses. I agree though, it’s a bit hard to discern what’s what. I’d find those invoices hard to make sense of after I finished scraping my jaw and my bank account off of the floor.

When you go to one of the top show barns in the country most will take a good look at the menu and charges sheet before you move in. Frankly, those that are working that are clients that far up the food chain most likely will not be surprised by the prices.

Could someone post a link? I can’t find it.

$1630 in “HS Medication”… Sure you don’t want to be a little bit MORE blatant about it, Heritage? :lol::lol::lol:

Also, please note that where injections are itemized by name, there certainly doesn’t seem to be any mention of a vet fee for administration of such… I’m going to take a wild, crazy errrr, “shot in the dark” that that isn’t any more legal in NJ than it is in my state… (Yehyehyeh, I know, everyone does it, but still: like D’OC said last night, “Can I do it in Central Park with the cameras on?” Possibly not.)

“Supply charge” :lol::lol::lol:

5 horses, 6 tack stalls? Rly??

A lot of the rest of it I don’t find all that out of order. Heck, the “A” show farrier down here charges $450 a set, so ponymom is getting off cheap on that one.

[QUOTE=Rel6;7017450]
Could someone post a link? I can’t find it.[/QUOTE]

Rel, scroll down to the bottom of this page, you’ll see the links.

Taken separately, most charges make sense, although the bridles and some name plates were particularly expensive. Taken together, it’s in a league much different than most.

If I were the owner, I would want monthly invoicing for each horse. If I were paying that much on that many, I don’t think I’d be shy about asking for it.

I noticed “HS Medication” is variable cost and was usually invoiced with a quantity of 1. I would definitely want further itemization on that - if the same line item appears multiple times with different costs but without detail of the differences it doesn’t make sense.

Makes me really glad I only have two and they are on a 4-6 week farrier schedule!

~$400+ for a set of shoes? Forget it. I can see spending a lot if there is something really special going on in terms of corrective shoeing, but otherwise no way…and I’m in a very horsey area of NJ with tons of top barns and good farriers and none of them charge anywhere close to that.

I’d only pay $400 if it were for two horses

Wow. I give up. It is quite obvious I will never be able to put DD in the league and company she belongs in. I had no idea the cost of riding with a top trainer.

I can asure you that if you get a shoeing in Palm Beach that is not out of the ordinary. In the late 90’s it was $350 for a skilled farrier for a straught job. Plus trainer supplies the help to lead it up there and hold it the whole time. Might be a surcharge on top of shoe job. I still don’t see anything out of the ordinary for the top show barn they CHOSE to ride with, knowing what their normal charges are. I don’t think there is anything crazy here if you play in that swimming pool.

If I had enough money to buy top AAAAA horses and ponies, I still wouldn’t pay those shoeing prices. It’s crazy. If I had super deep pockets, I would still be careful with my money and not put up with that nonsense.