That's a twist

Underline by me - I think you mean the defense, not the prosecution. The prosecution is the side that wants him found guilty, the defense is who will go for the reasonable doubt side.

4 Likes

yes, thanks. I edited

2 Likes

I’m pretty surprised how many people have such strong opinions when so many facts are unknown.

I do, however, appreciate all the recipes!:smiley:

6 Likes

@GreenWithEnvy

Is this the post of mine with the reference to Sherlock? This was posted in response to someone who deduced I was a relative of LK.

Please provide post number in which I said “No ****, Sherlock”.

1 Like

This is why I 100% cannot commit crimes: I would not be able to ride. Does he just sit there and think about trotting horses all day? I would. It just seems so tragic. Criminals must not have obsessive hobbies (at least not healthy ones), otherwise they wouldn’t be committing so many crimes.

8 Likes

What???

5 Likes

I don’t think verbatim means what you think it means.

15 Likes

In your post 1468 you attribute to me to the phrase “No ****, Sherlock”. Please provide the post number in which I said that.
I used the word “Sherlock” in two posts in response to someone who deduced that I was a relative of Lauren’s. I honestly don’t remember the “No ****” part, and would appreciate you documenting that I said that.

2 Likes

I think verbatim means quoted precisely word for word. What do you think it means?

5 Likes

LK is a victim of MB. She survived and hopefully will continue to heal and ride.

But the ultimate victim of MB is MB. His life has gone to fabulous trainer and Olympic reserve rider to horrible tragedy.
3 Likes

Ladyj, I love your cool, calm, understated style. I seek to emulate it.

3 Likes

And you quoted ARs post, precisely, word for word, where?
You offered post number, which i saw… but no quotes, precisely word for word or otherwise, for me.

8 Likes

Is a “Princess Bride” reference on the bingo card?

25 Likes

J. Ghomeshi got off. One of the reasons is that the victims communicated with each other and discussed their testimonies beforehand. I think the judge thought that this was collusion. It’s been a few years, my memory has faded on this, but that is what I recall.

He was charged with aggravated sexual assault. More difficult to convict than murder charge. He had a great lawyer, but I think the prosecution did a good job.

2 Likes

I didn’t retype the words, but provided the post numbers so people could refer back to original posts so that they could see the precise word for word statements. The (important) advantage of that is that in addition to being verbatim quotes, the reader can be assured that they are indeed verbatim, and not take my word for it.

If you are saying I need to retype the statements manually instead of having the server do it to call it a verbatim quote, I disagree.

If the thread is devolving into word games, I vote going back to recipes.

2 Likes

For heaven’s sake…here is my statement: “Or, to reintroduce one of YankeeDuchess words, No **** Sherlock! (Total sarcasm.)”. NOTICE IT SAYS ONE OF YD’S WORDS, NOT PHRASE.

9 Likes

Lol
So when you said you posted them verbatim…

Originally posted by YankeeDuchess View Post
I provided verbatim quotes of a couple of AR posts from the beginning of the thread for Angela. I’m pretty sure that there are many more, but have limited time.

Sorry but yes, being clear is helpful. I went looking for a post of yours, addressing me, quoting AR verbatim, because that is what you said you shared with me.

What you did isn’t give verbatim/'precise, word for word 'quotes… you directed me/readers to read her words in her post by offering post numbers (not even links).
So no, you apparently don’t understand what “quoting verbatim” means.

Asking you to be clear is not word games.

”‹”‹

22 Likes

Not being facetious but, that’s what I thought all during the OJ trial. I was shocked, and sickened, by his acquittal.

11 Likes
OK, so in your sarcastic phrase, the “No ****” was 

contributed by
@GreenWithEnvy
and “Sherlock” by me. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

In murder cases, no eye witnesses. In attempted murder, you have eye witnesses. I was shocked by the OJ verdict, but there was room to maneuver.

1 Like