Unlimited access >

The Barisone Case, Free Speech and COTH or Oh, The Irony

So much irony. As someone who was threatened, accused of victim shaming, told I was stupid, told I had to wait for the “bombshells” to be revealed, how ironic is it that I have never been banned, but LalaPopRider, InigoMontoya and Seeker1 were!

The REAL question and irony at this point is how long ago did Ms. Rasin leave? Rumor is it was quite a bit ago, so the changes have already been made.

52 Likes

Is that post still available to be read or did Miss “I never delete anything!” delete it?

19 Likes

Hundreds of users were banned? I recall only the Kanareks and two others. There’s exaggeration and then there’s just stupidity.

And what is that blather at the end - sending in top critics to make changes at COTH? If anyone in the family had such power they would have used it long by now.

Finally, is this a lecture about ‘posting factually correct & easily verifiable information only’ from someone who testified under oath that she lies on social media?

Oof, that’s some hardcore cringe right there. The complete lack of self awareness never fails to astound.

Who knew so many could live so rent free in one head? :thinking:

53 Likes

You know what the real question is here.

Why are the COTH forums so important? What is it about the COTH forums that are taking up so much space, rent free, in someone’s mind?

Granted, you can get tons of great information here. If you have an equine related question, ask it! You might get 50 different answers, but in those 50 different answers you will get some great information.

Can you form real relationships here? Most certainly! I have met many members here in real life and enjoy true friendships with them.

Can you get industry information here that might help keep you from making a HUGE mistake in the industry? BINGO!!!

You can all interpret that last comment for what it is. The Barisone story is a complicated one of who you let into your world and what can happen if you do.

57 Likes

The title of this thread should be oh the Hypocrisy

22 Likes

Yeah right. When the facts don’t work in your favor, attack the press. Wonder how her suit against CBS is going?

28 Likes

given their multiple personalities and screen names hundreds may be an underestimate

48 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

14 Likes

The other irony, is for someone so in the know about all things COTH and such an influencer, shouldn’t good ole Lala know who the new editor is???

It is not like it is classified government information or anything!

17 Likes

You’ll have to wait and read about it in Vol. 36 of “Lauren Shay Kanarek: The Greatest Story Ever Told! (In My Own Words!)”. Bombshells will be dropped. BOMBSHELLS!

41 Likes

You also work for COTH :rofl:

#neverforget

23 Likes

And four plus years later, not one damn check! Not a single one! And the ponies gotta eat!

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

43 Likes

She needs to team up with The Maestro.
COTH Haters Club: membership of 2

29 Likes

She feels betrayed. When she gamed this all out in her head, her fantasy included all of CotH/the dressage world bowing down before her as a victim. It was a supposed to be a way to grift and shame her way into the upper echelons of the dressage social world/competition since her riding ability is not going to get her there.

Instead, the opposite happened. It’s no wonder she has an axe to grind.

35 Likes

Oh, we can all see how well this has worked out for her. She might want to rethink things before she attempts to do something like this again!

The only person betrayed was Michael Barisone. He took her on as a training client, and she couldn’t even get herself from the house to the barn for lessons. Then decided that since she wasn’t getting the attention she just knew she was entitled to that the only alternative was to destroy Michael Barisone’s life!

I am amazed how someone can think attempting to destroy another human being’s life is a way to gain status or get ahead of the game. And just assume that their behavior would not catch up with them!

30 Likes

Bellisimo bought COTH in 2013
Helgstrand bought COTH from Bellisimo in 2022
Rasin left COTH in 2023, She was Prez & Exec Editor of COTH all thru Bellisimo’s tenure and just shy of ~1 year into Helgstrand’s.

This is can all be verfied on the interwebz

9 Likes

So can we all expect to be banned this afternoon??? Or sooner??? :joy::joy::joy:

21 Likes

25 Likes

15 Likes

We would have to be banned on past posts as noone is really posting on the new post. I cannot see that happening.

5 Likes