Unlimited access >

The Big C! RIP Kim, see pg. 218

Oh Sannois, what a shock. Sending virtual hugs to you and prayers of strength and healing. (Substitute jingles for prayers if prayers are offensive to you…its positive energy either way.).
There was a cother here that had a long thread about rectal cancer…may be in favorites now. Was user name Blackmare, or little black Morgan or something likethat?

3 Likes

Wrapping you up in Jingles & AO ~

3 Likes

sending best wishes, hugs, and jingles - as someone upthread posted, colon cancer is one of the ‘better’ cancers to get - but even then there are so many different types of colon cancer with their different treatments and protocols so until you (and your doctors) know more I prescribe good chocolate at least once a day, a good laugh every 2 hours, fresh air, equine therapy PRN.

deep breath in. exhale. literally smell some roses every day - oh and keep posting here/stay in touch.
please don’t get sucked into the “battle” rhetoric. it’s an illness just like Influenza is an illness, but at least the doctors have well tested procedural protocols in place for treating colon cancer whereas they don’t for influenza.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I need to follow your lead. I haven’t had a colonoscopy for 16 years and need to just do it.

Thank you for inspiring me to schedule an appointment.

I know you’re going to beat this. Sending prayers and jingles your way.

3 Likes

Something to ask your surgeon: Ask if he will bank some of your tumor tissue for YOUR future use. An example of a clinical trial that uses your tumor tissue:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02448173

The big plus with getting in a clinical trial is that they pay for the treatment and follow-up, like CT scans, etc.

I donated my tumor for research which means I gave away rights to use of it in the future.

1 Like

I know, Right?? The funny thing is, >I had not eaten hardly anything, for 2 days prior.
Like I said in the Colonoscopy thread, Garden hose! :yes::lol:

3 Likes

Yes I was trying so hard to remember her name. I wonder if she is still with us. I cannot remember how long ago that was.
Joanne, thank you for that, I will check it out!

kathys! As the old Nike ad said JUST DO IT!!
Please, it is so easy, I wish I had not been such an ass for the last several years and done it sooner, but just the same, PLEASE get it done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She had anal cancer.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/off-topic/off-topic-aa/165121-anal-cancer-everything-you-didn-t-know-you-never-wanted-to-ask

1 Like

Sannois, major virtual hugs to you. Pamper yourself. Champagne and bubble bath time. The most delectable light fiction you can find. Flowers in the kitchen.

1 Like

It’s funny, how the things you thought were important suddenly seem so dumb.
I wish the weather would improve so I could start doing some gardening. That is always therapeutic.
I also wish I would hear from the doc. Funny now that I know what “it” is. it actually is more bothersome.

2 Likes

Thirteen year survivor here, and thriving atm. I know so many people living with a dx, and actually hardly any who have died from it. It’s likely going to complicate the heck out of your life, and generally be a giant pain in your arse for a while, and then it wont. Life will go on eventually, ime. Nonetheless, wrapping your brain around it all is truly hard. A million healing and soothing jingles headed your way.

5 Likes

Hugs from me

1 Like

I know what you mean about coming here to this good group of friends.
Diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago. Lots in our family, but many got it when younger, so thought I had missed it. But the fact that I caught it early, then had genetic testing made all the difference. The testing found a not-so-great gene that suggested to my docs I needed to avoid some typical treatments.
I have an excellent prognosis.

Also made a difference, when local “good” hospital/one-stop-medical-clinic fumbled the ball by having less than adequate plans, coordination. I quickly went to big cancer center and instead of the long faces “oh, you have cancer…” I found those on top of the game, with a forward thinking mentality, and the knowledge that is a comfort when wondering what’s next.

Need to get to work, so won’t write much more except to say (((hugs!))) and here’s to the best treatment, and outcome possible. Glad you checked in here, too.

1 Like

hugs for you. wishing you peace until they are able to provide you more information; try not to worry too much. As others have said; very treatable! I am a firm believer in the power of positive thinking so wishing all of that to you!

1 Like

{{{{{{{{{Sannois}}}}}}}}

1 Like

Sorry you are going through this. I had a different cancer. But IME, this is one of the most stressful times. You know there was cancer but you dont know how much, if any is left, etc. I hope you can get your answers very soon.

Be careful with your internet surfing. There are some wonderful, supportive sites. But there are always people who spout worst possible outcomes and prognosis. Not to mention the “its because you didnt eat this wonderful diet!” folks and the “snake oil” salesmen.

I just had lunch with my friend who is another cancer survivor. I am 13 years out from a cancer that, according to the statistics I found at the time :rolleyes: had at best a 50% 10 year survival rate and no effective non-surgical treatments. Yeah, internet surfing was not good for me! :no:

4 Likes

((Hugs)) and plenty of healing juju, jingles, prayers, well wishes, whatever your particular fancy.

A friend, former employer and currently our officiant for our wedding lost his wife to colon cancer several years ago, but it was discovered very, very late and she was virtually asymptomatic. She had a strong genetic family history of cancers so IIRC the doctor’s do believe that it progressed so rapidly in part due to that. So for this reason I am glad you had symptoms, because they at least tell you something is wrong. As a whole, colon cancer tends towards being very treatable compared to other cancer types.

Do not get sucked into WebMD’ing. Hopefully you have a good doc that you have a close relationship with, it makes all the difference. In the mean time try not to borrow troubles, and certainly stock up in the self-love and self-care department.

2 Likes

One of the guys that worked here was diagnosed with colon cancer in his late 20s. It was a bit advanced as he was young and a redneck sort of guy that didn’t go to the doctor. He had been having “stomach/bathroom issues” for quite a while before it got bad enough for him to go in to the doctor.

The guy did have to have surgery and he had a colostomy for a brief period of time. He did chemo and even worked through his treatments- construction, not an office job. After treatments were over and everything checked out, his colostomy was reversed and he’s been clean ever since. That was over 5 years ago.

As others have mentioned, as far as cancers go, I’ve heard that’s a “good” one to get because of the high rate of successful treatment. One of our clients at the time when my co-worker was diagnosed was retiring from over 20 years of doing cancer research at MD Anderson, and that is what he told the co-worker. Three co-workers were all diagnosed with cancer, at least 2 in stage 4, during that time period and all three handled treatments easily and have been clean and clear since. One was even diagnosed with 3 different forms of cancer. It’s pretty amazing to see the advancements that had been made then, and now, 5 years later, I can’t even imagine the progressed that has been made.

1 Like

Sending support, strength, prayers, hugs, and jingles your way. Try not to be consumed by this while you’re waiting. Do you have any hobbies other than gardening that can keep you occupied and distracted? Go for a hike, run, kayak (for real kayak, not the COTH kayaking. Well, that too if you prefer. :lol: ) We love you and we’re going to wait for those results right along with you. Kick on.

3 Likes