Unlimited access >

The cost of camping at venues

Just got back from Queeny Park and we camped at National Equestrian Center. The cost for low amperage (35) was $35 a night and this included water. Appropriate . I am signed up for another Area 4 event and the cost is $75 a night, no water that I am aware of. That seems steep. I have looked at other venues and $50 or less per night is closer to the norm. Is this the new sticker shock ?

Wow, that’s crazy. Is it a private venue that has limited hook ups? Here our horse park has the same price for their hook ups for all shows held and you pay the park, not the show.

Personally, I just park and rough it unless it’s cold and I need my heater.

Poplar Place in GA charges $50 for a hookup at the schooling shows, I haven’t checked if it’s different for the recognized events.

And Stable View in SC charges $45/night for hookups on AirBnB, again not sure if it’s different during shows when demand is higher.

$75 seems high unless there are additional services I don’t know about. I think I might expect valet parking for that much. :smiley:

All last winter in FL $50 seemed about average (combined driving, but same venues). There’s one place that changed hands and started charging $75/night and that was definitely sticker shock. Most of the dressage venues in Georgia are in the $50 range as well.

$50 is an appropriate upper end. $75 and no water…at least not next to your site, is a bit much.

It’s a private Area 4 venue.