Unlimited access >

The COTH Christmas Story by AnneFS

I am sure it will be Ok to email it out as long as the CREDITS are there! Perhaps put them at the beginning and the end! :wink:

aaaaaaawwwww!! that’s so cute!!
merry christmas everybody!

Originally posted by Weatherford:

I am sure it will be Ok to email it out as long as the CREDITS are there! Perhaps put them at the beginning and the end!

I will–thank you very much! :slight_smile:

What a lovely story!!:yes:

Made my day – I’ll have to go check this Christmas eve.

I have read that story before, and I liked it as much this time as then.
Merry Christmas everyone.:slight_smile:

This is one of those heartwarming Christmas stories that I look forward to each year. Thank you so much for posting it.

And while my mare wasn’t kneeling when I was there one late Christmas Eve, the peace and serenity of being in the barn that late with the horses munching on hay, the sighs of comfort and joy in the barn are wonderful.

So, to all the CoTHers: my little Sneekers, Her Royal Highness Princess Valentine and her feline counterpart Princess Liza send you our Warmest Best Wishes for the Holidays

Hey Di,

thank you so very much for that story I remembered too many years ago! You be well.

Prayer continues, always, June

Guess where I’m going with my three children late Christmas Eve? Thank you for posting that!

Wonderful story, thanks for posting!

So who headed out to the barn?? The thought briefly passed through my mind even before I read this thread as Iremembered reading it last year, but after working 15 days solid up til 6pm Christmas eve I was pretty pooped and once my head hit the pillow around 9.30ish I was out to it 'til 5.30 this morning. Happy and safe holidays folks :slight_smile:

So I went to the barn at midnight and was appalled at the behavior of these supposedly “well-behaved” horses. The nasty pony had just finished toilet-papering the stall of the old QH retiree, the 3 greenies were playing “pin the tail” on the barn dog, 2 of the lesson horses had started a bonfire and were burning the lesson kid’s helmets, the Trak had shaved the Freisan’s mane into a Mohawk while he slept and the 4 OTTB’s were all doing “speed”.
“Sweetly kneeling and praying” MY A$$!!!

Beautiful Christmas story!!

but, Jetsmom
yours comes in next for painting an incredible mental image!! What a hoot
I can just see their faces when they realized they were busted
and you’ve been blaming the neighbors all these years.

I snuck out at 12:00 and my gelding was just standing in his field waiting for me. I even purposely left the barn lights off, and was as quiet as possible. Maybe I should have went to check at 11:00 p.m., since I had to turn the clock back for daylight savings this fall! Maybe I’ll try that next year:D

Horses Kneeling

That is the greatest story! We just moved into our barn/residence and live across the aisle from the horses. I WILL be out there next year at midnight to check!!!

Just moving this up for 2008! :slight_smile:

This is the first time I have read it and it gave me CHILLS, what a wonderful story!!

Wishing everyone HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Thanx for moving it up!

This is what I love about COTH. Thank you for getting me in the Christmas spirit.

This is one of my favorites - thank you so much for bumping it!

Thanks. I love this story.