The time has come...

I am going to have to get hearing aids. I can’t hear the ding of the dressage bell anymore and hopefully with hearing aids I will be able to. Before I get them I want to do a few dressage tests should I let the judge know I can’t hear that well and find a alternate way?

Just let the officials know in advance and a visual cue can be used ~

While I know this must be stressful … there are visual cues ~

Just inform the show officials in advance and they will tell the judge .

• A visual cue can be used to signal the ‘start’ like a finger count down or a wave …

Tell the steward / secretary … modifications will be made to make you compete comfortably ~

Good Luck !

I second what ZUZU said. I would add, that when you enter the area around the arena stop at the judge’s stand and confirm what the signal will be.

I just got a chance to come back to this. I didn’t even think of a wave or a motion. I can hear a horn beep but well that doesn’t get used much.

The soft ding when it is windy…yeah lol right.

[QUOTE=AppendixQHLover;8086217]
I just got a chance to come back to this. I didn’t even think of a wave or a motion. I can hear a horn beep but well that doesn’t get used much.

The soft ding when it is windy…yeah lol right.[/QUOTE]

I’ve done this at shows before. When I’ve gone around past the booth, I’ll let the judge know that I don’t hear very well and could I have a hand signal. They have been pretty good about it.