Therapeutic riding- Orlando, FL

I recently moved to Orlando and I am in search of a therapeutic center that may be within a reasonable distance of my house (zip 32820). My 4 year old daughter, Lily, has cerebral palsy. She was involved in riding up in Minnesota and we would love to get her back on a horse again.

So far, all I have found are Freedom Ride and Heavenly Hoofs. HH is probably too far to drive, as they are in Kissimmee and I am on the east side of Orlando.

Does anyone have any experience with Freedom Ride?

They are NAHRA certified so that alone is reason to check them out. I know your daughter must really enjoy her rides.:slight_smile:
The benefits are wonderful too.

I don’t know of specific centers, but check out www.narha.org, they will have a list of affiliated centers by state.

Thanks, Birdsong, for the input. NAHRA certification is important to me to know that a program is being held to certain standards.

I don’t know if you have checked it out yet, but I rode a couple times at the equestrian center at the same facility as Freedom Ride when I live in Orlando for a couple months. It seemed like everything was done well at Freedom Ride and all the kids were having fun. I would definitely check it out if I were you! I would have kept going up there but I lived in Kissimmee and it was too far of a drive for me to get there.

Good luck with you search!

[QUOTE=Kaoh14;4510477]
I don’t know if you have checked it out yet, but I rode a couple times at the equestrian center at the same facility as Freedom Ride when I live in Orlando for a couple months. It seemed like everything was done well at Freedom Ride and all the kids were having fun. I would definitely check it out if I were you! I would have kept going up there but I lived in Kissimmee and it was too far of a drive for me to get there.

Good luck with you search![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I will definately be checking them out.