They want to fuse my pelvis can I still ride?

I had a car accident in 08 and have had two surgeries to try to fix my pelvis which split apart at the bottom of the two pelvic bones. I have post and wire in now but they want to put in a plate in the front and screws in the back to fuse it together, I was wondering if anyone else has had this done and if they still ride.

I think you could if you went to a gaited horse. I’m not sure that you could “swing”/give with the pelvis for riding a horse with bigger movement. But maybe you could. I have a friend with a rod fused in to her spine/pelvis and she does ok on her peruvian paso mare, she had to give up her arabians and dressage dreams. She’s pretty much limited to just trail riding now.

I dont know what you do riding wise, but you could always look into driving if you find you cant ride. I wish i would have started driving 15yrs ago. I find it nicer than riding, and lots of venues for drivers. It’s the fastest growing equine sport in the world. Between regional/national trail drives, distance driving, pleasure driving shows, and CDEs, you can have a lot of fun if you want to be competitive.