Unlimited access >

Thicker Show Jumping Stallions?

Hello all!;

I hope everyone is having a good day/night. I have a question, does anyone know of any thick show jumping warmblood stallion that is available for fresh semen? I am breeding my Thoroughbred mare this spring who will be the start of my new breeding program. She has beautiful conformation,very flashy (four white socks and a blaze) and a beautiful hind and is long legged (17H). She is however is a very “petite” horse who is lacking shoulder and neck. Id like to make a bigger more thicker foal that would eventually be used for show jumping. I actually had Argentinus picked out but I decided not go with him because he is deceased and of course only has frozen. Since its my first time I don’t want to take that risk.

So do you know of and large neck thicker shoulder stallions available for 2015 breeding? Thanks so much!

Kannan

Kannan is a big substantial horse who is throwing very successful jumpers but I am not sure I would spend that amount on a TB mare. Unlike Argentinus his semen is very good quality though frozen.

Perhaps Cunningham. He is very well bred to produce jumpers but in the US he has been used to produce hunters. He is available fresh with a good stallion owner.

Mezcalero might be available with frozen…last year was his final year for fresh.

Maybe Bon Balou who is a beautifully fronted horse.

PatO

Landkonig.

Are you looking to add additional Height? Or just Bone?

There are some very good suggestions from the above posters. I would look for sons of Argentinus (like Apiro), Diamant de Semilly, C-line Holsteiners (like Ultimo Van der Moude by Capitol I), Landadel (like Landkonig (adss height)), Kannan (adds bone and height, but not always the most correct conformationally), Chin Chin and Darco to add bone and perhaps some height.

I would also check out these auctions, many of the stallions are available fresh and it will give you an idea of who is in this country.