Thin yet warm breeches for the flexibly challanged?

Hey I need breech suggestions for winter, I have issues regulating my body temp and am always cold… currently I ride in tropical toasties with longjohns and am still freezing!!

problem is I cant afford alot of bulk from flexability issues.

PS: i doctored the precision reins with my handled ones and yes they are perfect I am genious:winkgrin::lol:

Irideon Wind Pro - http://www.classicsaddlery.com/Winter%20Clothing/winterclothing.htm

warmer than anything else I’ve tried (which includes Boink, Kerrits, tropical toasties, FITS winter, Romph)

I second the Irideon breeches.:smiley:

Third the Irideon breeches. The Wind Pro makes a HUGE difference over regular fleece; it is 4x more wind resistant than regular fleece. I wear it head to toe at the barn (Irideon Wind Pro breeches on the bottom and a Mountain Hardwear Wind Pro fitted fleece on top.)

ETA that Wind Pro is also what Kerrits Sit Tite n’ Warm are made from. Wind Pro is a trademark name from Polartec.

I don’t know what exactly you mean by “flexibility issues,” but you could also look into ProChaps full chaps. They’re about the most flexible chaps I’ve ever seen or worn. http://www.prochaps.com/en/athletic.htm

I have the Kerrits Sit Warm N’ Tight knee patch style. Saturday, with a pair of Cuddle Duds long johns under them I was quite comfy in 9 degree temps.

I also like anything Irideon, including their winter breeches.

I haven’t splurged on Irideon wind-pros yet, but I have several pairs of their Cadence breeches that I wear with one layer of long underwear. They are very warm and flexible even with the extra layer underneath. These breeches last a long time. I’m finally wearing the seat out on a couple of pairs, but the fabric looks as good as new.

I’d give the Irideons a try.
Right now I have some winter FITS I got LAST Christmas, but winter riding keeps sneaking away because of accidents :frowning:
For my 10 minute walks on my old man, I’ve been wearing some Boinks I got in the Dover Bargain Basement for $20. I thought they were warm, but I can’t really feel my body temperature & when I took them off today, my legs were bright red. Guess they aren’t warm enough.
When I could snap and zip with ease, I had Devon Aire winter breeches. I could feel the temperature back then and I froze in those!!!

I love my EQ fleece tights…have 2 pair…once on I don’t want to take them off in the house!Silk long undies from LLBean are my backups.