Unlimited access >

Thinline Pad thickness?

I am considering a shimmable thinline pad. I know the shims come in different sizes, but can anyone tell me how thick the actual pad is to begin with? I’m looking at the Trifecta or the Sheepskin Comfort. Thanks!

The Trifecta Cotton is the thickness of a normal A/P pad, with the Thinline pad sewn on top. The Sheepskin measures at about 1" of fluff, but compressed under your saddle is really about 1/2" of fluff, the cotton top, then the Thinline material.

If your saddle fits well and you’re just looking for the impact protection, the Trifecta is the way to go. If you’re trying to pad a saddle that’s too wide, go with the sheepskin.

[QUOTE=Melissa.Van Doren;7524468]
The Trifecta Cotton is the thickness of a normal A/P pad, with the Thinline pad sewn on top. The Sheepskin measures at about 1" of fluff, but compressed under your saddle is really about 1/2" of fluff, the cotton top, then the Thinline material.

If your saddle fits well and you’re just looking for the impact protection, the Trifecta is the way to go. If you’re trying to pad a saddle that’s too wide, go with the sheepskin.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what she just said.