Thinning hair help

Is there any recommended shampoo and/or conditioner that will give a volumising effect on thinning hair, and a more helpful hair cut than a plain bob below ear level?

All I could think of would be those mousse type styling aids that lift and stiffen the hair. As far as chin length bobs IMHO they work best on people with thicker hair. Even on people with normal healthy but finer hair they go flat and blah.

check your iron and ferritin levels often the cause of thinning hair. Don’t cut to short as it will show more thin spots. No shampoo helps the more stuff on your hair the more it will hang and not be fluffy, you want a clean light shampoo and no conditioners.

This is a constant quest for me! I’ve had endocrine issues my entire life, so my hair has always been fine and thin. It came back after we started treating my thyroid more aggressively, but recently it’s gotten pretty thin again.

Here are some products I’m currently using that work for me:

• Tressemme Healthy Volume Shampoo and Conditioner (it is a bit drying for regular use)
  • A Grapefruit Detox shampoo I found on Amazon, followed by Pantene Sheer Volume 3-Minute Miracle. This give my hair lots of volume and doesn’t dry it out.
  • Revlon infrared hair dryer with a diffuser (dry hair upside down)
  • TIGI Bedhead Small Talk… my current fave to add volume. Another one I like is Redken Guts 10 Volume spray foam. Both work without making my hair super sticky and weighing it down, but I like the TIGI best right now.
  • Hot rollers… I have a small travel kit that works great since I don’t have much hair.
  • It’s a Miracle Lite Leave In on the ends to protect from heat styling
  • Recent purchase I’m still evaluating: Voloom hair volumizing iron. It’s pretty pricy at $130, but you can return it in 30 days if you don’t like it. I’m still trying different ways to use it, but I’m leaning towards keeping it. It basically crimps your hair towards the roots to give it volume.
  • Tresemme compressed micromist boost level 3: I can spray the living daylights out of my hair with this and it doesn’t get stiff and combs out nicely.

I’ve tried a MILLION products and these are my faves so far. Looking forward to hearing about others!

Thank you @downen , just ordered some of these!

1 Like

I have been a redken guts user for years – I don’t have thinning hair, but that product rocks.

Brilliant, thank you – off to drugstore!

I love the era organics shampoo and conditioner. I get it off amazon. Smells great, no harsh ingredients, sulfate free.