Unlimited access >

This is inconvenient

Figure that they will land with one of his protégés

2 Likes

Wow, Churchill Downs is doing its best to make things tough for Bob.

2 Likes

Good for Churchill Downs to enforce its own regulations.

12 Likes

Eh… Bob is making things tough for Bob :woman_shrugging:

20 Likes

I wonder if he would just give up if he were paying his own legal bills, which I am speculating he is not.

2 Likes

Very rich man with very big ego = very large legal bills.

My BiL once was an expert witness on behalf of the plaintiff - when he had told the same plaintiff many months before that he would not win his court
case. Plaintiff lost. BiL just shrugged and happily pocketed his fee. The story: the man purchased expensive new yacht, took it to sea as the tide was going out, against the advice of many people in the marina, and ran around on a well known, well marked sandbank, damaging the hull of his new yacht. Man claimed against the boatbuilder for the failure of the hull.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the mastermind who purchased a brand new yacht. He cruised down the inland waterway with no navigation map. At high tide he came unhappily across a rock jetty protecting an inlet. Oops! Fortunately the Coast Guard was based there.

1 Like

Bob seems to be increasingly overstaying his welcome in the racing industry. It would seem the industry has had enough of Bob. At least it looks that way from way out here on the outside.

4 Likes

Amazingly, many people still support him, and seem to think he is being mistreated by people envious of his success. These people do not include me.

4 Likes

Some of his owners really hate losing and have egos that make Bob look humble and the fortunes to fund winning regardless.

1 Like

Zedan has been paying Baffert’s legal bills.

1 Like