Unlimited access >

Those of you who use a power/pressure washer at home for saddle pads...

Please tell me about your method! I would love to see links to the power washer you have. Did you buy it for pads? Do you spray your pads in the driveway, or elsewhere?

And, those of you who use the pressure washer at the car wash, feel free to chime in with your methods.

My fancy top-loading washer is an absolute disaster when it comes to washing my pads, even with considerable pre-wash prep.

TIA!

We have a ‘real’ power washer. Husband puts the saddle pads on the chain link fence, and sprays away. Works great at getting the hair and dirt out of the crevices. I usually wash them in the machine when he is finished.

I find that the “jet” option on my regular hose sprayer thing does a fine job of getting the crud off my pads, and doesn’t damage them.

I hang mine in the wash rack, wash with warm water, soak in bucket of soapy antibacterial horse soap, hang and rinse in high pressure with hose. Hang dry. Usually gets most of the hair off and keeps them clean.

white pads are a whole different ballgame.

I use a sprayer like this one. www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB2yyVihKHw Amazon has it for $19.99. Here, local feed/garden, and WalMart sell it too.

I use use it only for washing pads and hosing down the horses and dogs. I fill it with 1/2 and 1/2 with Dawn/water then dial for the amount of suds I want, I put pads on the cement and blast away.

I do ScotchGuard my saddle pads [english, all purpose and dressage] before using them.

1 Like