Unlimited access >

Thought I would ask as I am looking

[QUOTE=Cherry;8101909]
There was a time when I didn’t know what Pony Club was and I don’t have children… I would imagine having three children keeps a mom pretty busy.

I’m getting pretty tired of ya’ll be so judgemental of Amiblue. So she vented, on the other thread like many, many other people have done but for some reason there is this huge pile on. “If you can’t make a situation better, at least don’t make it worse.”

I don’t know Amiblue but I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. It doesn’t matter if the pony was a lease or a giveaway or there was a contract. She came home empty handed and the other person tried to foist other objects on her that she didn’t want or need for monetary gain (on a supposed leased pony). I would have refused it too.

There’s plenty of blame to go around but it seems Amiblue is getting more than her fair share. I wanted to let you all know you’ve got your points across–can ya’ll give it a rest???

I was given a pony and if over excitement is a reason for not getting a pony I would have been in deep trouble. I was over the moon and I was an adult![/QUOTE]

I was thinking this very morning about that other thread and my acquisition of my Beagle… for whom my enthusiasm bubbled over.

I didn’t get my hopes up too much when I e-mailed back/forth with her savieur, because who knows what I might find when I eventually met said Beags.
But when I pulled into the dog park parking lot, looked into the fenced area and spotted a Beagle that was leaping, in slo mo, with gleaming high white legs and a serious glowing aura around her [ok maybe I exaggerate a little… ] my heart, in pieces from losing my previous Beagle… leapt.

I feel badly for the OP and especially her kids… and I hope that this horrible experience is just the darkness before a very wonderful dawn that finds them the beyond perfect pony…

What are you, ten years old? Either way, shame on you and learn to read.

[QUOTE=shezabrazenmare;8101892]
OK, so this is the original thread that OP started when looking for pony? And then the PO offered OP, as she said, a “free lease.” Not a giveaway. OP is inconsistent in her new thread about the whole deal. Bet that OP will be looking for someone on CoTH to give her a pony since she did not get this one. Always important to read all the threads by someone wishing to lease or get free pony or horse.

Who in the USA has horses and kids and doesn’t know what pony club is?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=shezabrazenmare;8101892]

Who in the USA has horses and kids and doesn’t know what pony club is?[/QUOTE]

Completely de-railing for a second. But I grew up in 4-H, and for a long time didn’t know what pony club is! It’s just not prominent in my area/the barn I grew up with was always involved in 4-H. I’ve been on the other side of the fence - talking to pony clubbers saying “You’ve NEVER heard of 4-h?!?” :lol:

In my best Elephant Man voice:

I AM NOT AN OBJECT!

I AM A SADDLE!

Saddle, you are missing the point entirely and making a mockery out of a situation that caused someone pain. The other thread spiraled downward as a result of a bunch of people who have no empathy and no shame. Must you ruin this thread too?

Let it go, Person-Behind-The Saddle (Pony Owner, The Trailer, etc). You had your 80+page run. Don’t be tedious.

Hey, lay off of that defenseless Saddle who may need her(?) flocking adjusted! The whole object of posts on OP’s 2 threads was to show that the OP was at fault, not the PonyOwner.

Interesting how some posters have taken the side of a newbie vs. a long time CoTHer who owns the pony. Longtime CoTHer wanted good home/lease for her pony and the OP didn’t have any tack and couldn’t afford or wouldn’t call out a vet for her “rescued” TB mare.
Where are all the people who say OP shouldn’t have gotten the first horse if she had no money for a vet? And why would someone free lease her a pony once that was known?

The Saddle has been cool and funny. And very expensive. People need to read all of OP’s threads before jumping on the Saddle.

[QUOTE=HungarianHippo;8137013]
Let it go, Person-Behind-The Saddle (Pony Owner, The Trailer, etc). You had your 80+page run. Don’t be tedious.[/QUOTE]

And it’s been tedious already for a loooooooooong time. It’s bizarre. Be yourself. Enough with the alters.

Look for an older Fjord! They are great for hippotherapy. It may be hard to find one, but they are awesome therapy horses. I have sold a number of them to therapeutic riding programs, as well as teach leadline and beginner lesson on them. I do not have anything suitable for your purposes fo sale at this time, but I would look on DH and the FB page, Fjord Horses for Sale. Be prepared to ship.

[QUOTE=shezabrazenmare;8137094]
Hey, lay off of that defenseless Saddle who may need her(?) flocking adjusted! The whole object of posts on OP’s 2 threads was to show that the OP was at fault, not the PonyOwner.

Interesting how some posters have taken the side of a newbie vs. a long time CoTHer who owns the pony. Longtime CoTHer wanted good home/lease for her pony and the OP didn’t have any tack and couldn’t afford or wouldn’t call out a vet for her “rescued” TB mare.
Where are all the people who say OP shouldn’t have gotten the first horse if she had no money for a vet? And why would someone free lease her a pony once that was known?

The Saddle has been cool and funny. And very expensive. People need to read all of OP’s threads before jumping on the Saddle.[/QUOTE]

Having read many posts by the Ponyowner, and based on the knowledge she demonstrated in those… she’s pretty much a newbie too…
IMO plenty of blame for 2 threads of any length and both of these posters to own.

Being a longtime COTH poster is no defense to what occured with this PO. I would have expected more of someone with experience and am more forgiving of someone I feel is new to the horseworld, which can chew you up and spit you out–sort of like what happened to Amiblue.

It wasn’t a case of choosing sides for me so much as what makes sense. Trying to foist expensive equipment on someone and having them deny it is no indication of how well the pony will be taken care of or how loved it will be. If you don’t feel good about the person who wants your pony all you have to do is be honest and say you don’t think it’s a good fit, but don’t lead the potential adopter down the primrose path!

Yes, there is enough blame to go around but one of the people doesn’t have the savvy the PO supposedly has. How many times have you been snookered as a newbie? Yet Amiblue has been relentlessly piled on by people who should know better. A very nice way to treat a person trying to make her way in a “dog eat dog” industry!

On any given day there are more “guests” on this board than “members”. How likely are they to join after they read the other post where Amiblue is first vilified, then it morphs into inside jokes meant to denigrate the OP and make light of her experience. I feel sad for those of you who have no empathy for a fellow human being who clearly had no idea what awaited her at the end of the line. I’ve watched in the past while other posters new to the board were run off by members who were less than hospitable, but the other thread started by Amiblue is just–for lack of a better word–bizarre

For those of you who think this whole situation is funny, I have only one word–karma

Except the OP posted on an INTERNET FORUM, one she knew the PO was also a member of, about her experience, then shared identifying information about the PO, basically outing her.

If that’s not kicking the hornets nest, I don’t know what is. Did the situation suck? Yeah, it did. But the OP brought that pile-on ENTIRELY on herself.

I still have no idea who the PO is, despite the “identifying” information that may be out there, nor do I care… I’m just going on the information I have in front of me. If you treat a person less than honorably you need to believe that, sooner or later, the wronged party may feel the need to speak up.

I’ve been a member of this board since 2002 and I have no idea how to find the PO’s identity, nor do I need to know how. It could be that Amiblue outed her accidently rather than maliciously, which is more likely. Rather than letting it lay where Jesus flung it COTH members chose to fan the flames, then throw grease on the fire page after page. Honestly, I am embarrassed at the responses Amiblue received.

False hope in both cases, it seems to me. Pony owner was expecting a certain kind of buyer, buyer thought it was a done deal and it was not.

If there’s one thing I have learned on this board, you may not get the response you expect when you post. The first post started out as “lesson to be learned:” the lesson to be learned is when you post to a public board, and vent about another person on that board concerning a business deal, do not expect to have everyone pat your hand and murmur, “there, there, dear.”

The other lesson to be learned is when things start to spin, it really is “viral”. No controlling it. If it didn’t go your way, too bad, nothing you can do.

I do pity Amiblue, but probably the best thing is to keep a sense of humor and enjoy the 15 minutes of fame, even if it’s bittersweet.

I think people would have been more forgiving if OP hadn’t made it patently clear in the threads she couldn’t afford the horse she already had, much less another one. If money is so tight you have to budget the gas to pick up an animal, you really don’t need another animal.

[QUOTE=rustbreeches;8139192]
I think people would have been more forgiving if OP hadn’t made it patently clear in the threads she couldn’t afford the horse she already had, much less another one. If money is so tight you have to budget the gas to pick up an animal, you really don’t need another animal.[/QUOTE]

Which is fair, and I agree horses are expensive. But in a similar vein, shouldn’t the Pony Owner have done some research on the OP before giving her the green light to travel all that way with kids in tow, only to pull the rug out when they arrived? That’s what I take issue with…do the research, determine not a good fit for pony and end it before the face to face.

Seems like there were a lot of mistakes on both parts, and a little bit of the COTH alpha horse-people backlash is to be expected, but the people on the OPs thread went way beyond the point of backlash, and deep into the bullying, just plain cruel territory.

What I took away from the thread is that the pony owner wanted to meet OP before she decided if it was a good fit. And remember, I had also exchanged PMs and e-mails with the pony owner about the possibility of the pony coming to me, back in Feb. Ultimately, I couldn’t afford to fly to visit the pony and let pony owner meet me personally and also pay for shipping in a box stall to where I live. We were looking at over $4k already. Pony owner was abundantly clear with me as far as her expectations and wishes. OP really jumped the gun, and if someone was that pushy with me in regards to a free pony, I would have axed the deal as well.

Hopefully the OP learned a valuable lesson on not airing dirty laundry in public

[QUOTE=rustbreeches;8139475]
What I took away from the thread is that the pony owner wanted to meet OP before she decided if it was a good fit. And remember, I had also exchanged PMs and e-mails with the pony owner about the possibility of the pony coming to me, back in Feb. Ultimately, I couldn’t afford to fly to visit the pony and let pony owner meet me personally and also pay for shipping in a box stall to where I live. We were looking at over $4k already. Pony owner was abundantly clear with me as far as her expectations and wishes. OP really jumped the gun, and if someone was that pushy with me in regards to a free pony, I would have axed the deal as well.

Hopefully the OP learned a valuable lesson on not airing dirty laundry in public[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn’t know those details, I bailed on the thread when it started to get mean and silly.

I assume the Pony Owner didn’t feel the need/or understand the OP needed a lot more hand holding than PO expected. I would guess PO’s thoughts were, ok, so you are renting a trailer and getting a stall ready, and hauling your family 7 hours … that’s your problem for overthinking the entire thing, not mine. Do I need to spell it out that this is your interview, not your first day on the job? Or in the PO’s mind, all that expense and time spent was a usual cost of doing business, not a big deal, haul the trailer over, well, deal didn’t work, drive home.

OP spent money and time she barely had on a trailer, fixing the truck and reserving the stall, roped in reluctant husband, took kids, and then didn’t get the deal after she thought it was signed and sealed before she left her driveway. Only other horse experience she has is taking a broken OTTB, which is pretty much the easiest thing in the world to get if you show enthusiasm or cash money.

I assume the Pony Owner didn’t feel the need/or understand the OP needed a lot more hand holding than PO expected. I would guess PO’s thoughts were, ok, so you are renting a trailer and getting a stall ready, and hauling your family 7 hours … that’s your problem for overthinking the entire thing, not mine. Do I need to spell it out that this is your interview, not your first day on the job? Or in the PO’s mind, all that expense and time spent was a usual cost of doing business, not a big deal, haul the trailer over, well, deal didn’t work, drive home.

OP spent money and time she barely had on a trailer, fixing the truck and reserving the stall, roped in reluctant husband, took kids, and then didn’t get the deal after she thought it was signed and sealed before she left her driveway. Only other horse experience she has is taking a broken OTTB, which is pretty much the easiest thing in the world to get if you show enthusiasm or cash money.