Unlimited access >

Thoughts on Arion saddles?

Long story short, I’m gonna need a custom saddle to fit my unnaturally long femur. I just met with the Arion rep and rode in a few saddles and liked them. Just wondering about others opinions before I spend the big bucks on a new saddle.

1 Like

@MsRidiculous has a detailed blog post on her positive experience with Arion.

3 Likes

I bought a brand new Arion dressage saddle last April, although it was a custom order someone had returned. I’ve been riding it daily since then and absolutely love it. It’s wearing well, my horse is still very comfortable in it, and the customer service has been great even well after I purchased it.

3 Likes

I’ve been eyeing their dressage saddles but missed the rep (who went to FL) by a few days to sit in one. How does it ride? It looks like what I want - narrow twist, short/ high true thigh blocks, deep seat but not a terribly high pommel.

1 Like

Full exposure: I am sponsored by Arion. However, I really LOVE the saddles. And most importantly I love the rep. (I am in Washington). Her care and attention to detail is amazing and her honesty is top notch. I appreciate that, and I can fully say that my saddles have never caused any sore backs. They fit me and they fit the horses. Take that for what you will.

2 Likes

What did you ride in prior to Arion?

Are they wool flocked?

I rode in Voltaire.I think the jump saddles (I ride in mono flap) are really similar in quality and feel but the Arion dressage saddle is a game changer. Nice block placement and really good balance.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve always had Butet, and love the balance, but the shoulder free feature really caught my eye. I think @Tha_Ridge may have switched from Butet to Arion and likes it.

The Pro in our H/J barn rides in an Arion and loves it.

1 Like

I switched over to Arion a little over a year ago. Switched all my jump saddles, 2 monoflaps and a dual flap. The company has been great to work with and so has my rep. I didn’t realize how much I had been fighting my previous saddles until I sat in this saddle. And they feel great on all three of my horses. Any concerns or problems were quickly addressed.

1 Like

I tried them and thought they were very nice but they really weren’t going to be able to accommodate my super long leg very well. ymmv.

1 Like

No, but my saddle fitter was able to remove the foam and replace it with wool when I got my new horse. It was only about $400 and totally worth being able to keep this saddle!

2 Likes