Unlimited access >

Thoughts on the Prestige D1?

I have a very difficult to fit PRE with a giant set back shoulder, super short and slightly curvy back, huge movement, and am going through saddle hell. Oh yeah, and I need an 18" seat.

Looking at the Prestige site, the description of the D1 family of saddles sounds like it might be just the ticket for my Little Princess, and was hoping to get a bit of COTH wisdom and feedback.

Of course, I have yet to find anyone in my area who deals with Prestige, and they are on my trainer’s saddle hate list, so this might be a moot point, but I am getting desperate!

Any additional ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Sent you a PM. :slight_smile:

I have an icey of the same description and have their Iceland version of the saddle.

He moves well in it, but sometimes when I take the saddle off it looks like he has pulled his back away from the panels, if that makes sense.

Still trying to figure that one out.

Sent you a PM (=

It’s a great saddle! Amazing to sit in, so very comfortable, and if it fits the horse, it gives them a lot of freedom and makes them feel nice. Plus, it’s good for short backed horses.

I just bought the Prestige D1 Zero and an in love love love! I wasn’t even shopping but sat in one by accident and have never felt more comfortable or better aligned. I tried for a month to forget about it but it haunted my every waking moment! So I broke down and got one on trial praying it didn’t fit my short-backed wide shoulder pony because we don’t NEED it and it’s very expensive! I started swearing when I put it on her. My barn friend said “oh no! It doesn’t fit?!” I said “No. It fits like a custom and now I have to buy it and live on Ramen noodles for a few months.” LOL Its amazing though and I’ve even brought it home to sit in it and watch tv it’s so damn comfortable! I actually sat in it while watching TV and eating ramen noodles last week. It made my ramen noodles taste like gourmet italian. LOL

[QUOTE=Keg-A-Bacchus;8032485]
I actually say in it while watching TV and eating ramen noodles last week. It made my ramen noodles taste like gourmet italian. LOL[/QUOTE]

But will it make dry gluten free bread bricks taste like fresh crusty sourdough? THAT would make me buy one even if it DIDN"T fit my horse!

If you sit in a Prestige D1 Zero while eating gluten free breadsticks they will taste like fresh wheat has been milled by hand by tiny leprechauns that reside in the hillsides of Italy and the dough was kneaded by fairies and then that dough was baked by an array of fine Italian chefs made exclusively for you. :slight_smile:

:lol:

I’m going to send a link to this thread to La Selleria.
Maybe you guys will be featured in the next D1 Cookbook.