Tibial plateau fracture

Sorry to hear this! My DH was walking in a parking lot almost 10 years ago and was hit by a pickup. Man driving was fishing around for his cell phone on the floor…:mad: However, DHs was bad bad bad-the bone broke completely off. (Not sure how to describe it esp in medical terms…) It sounds like yours was not so bad. :sadsmile: DH had three operations but decided a no go on a knee replacement since after one of the surgeries he woke up and had no color vision (cones were affected somehow???). It came back after a month.
Try not to go crazy!

Thanks…deleted my post because I became ashamed of whining…

I think whining helps, though! It is difficult to have health issues that keep us from fully living the life we want to live. Whining/venting can make our process easier.
Sheilah

Okay thank you I will re-whine. My unplanned dismount landed all my weight on left leg leading to tibial plateau fracture. I live alone with my 4 horses and I (am very grateful for all the help) hate not taking care of them myself. And very tired of crutches!

Ouch! I think that is very whine worthy!
Sheilah

Don’t despair, I wiped out the tibial plateau on my right leg in a planned dismount when my guy decided to scratch his nose on his foreleg. (Shattered would be a better word.) Surgeon was great, the fracture healed, then destabilized, and I ended up with a total knee replacement. I lived alone with 10 horses, and I will be in the lifelong debt of those who arrived to pick up my boys and foster them for the winter. It will be 3 years in November. There is an end to the misery, and it is So nice to be back. My PT told me to look back at the end of each week and see how far I’d come. One really does make progress, although it seems so VERY slow at times.

Ouch, OP! My best friend of 50 years(!) fell and shattered her tib/fib plateau last year. She lived alone, had no family to help and her house was on the water and on stilts:eek: My brother, my sister, her neighbor and I helped her with the house, the cat, the groceries and doctors’ visits. We were happy :yes: that we could help.

So, you can whine (I certainly would) but graciously accept all the help that is offered and just think of all the grace your helpers will receive for their kind acts.:slight_smile:

I hope you heal fast and that you are on both feet soon:yes:

Thank you COTH friends! We’re supposed to learn from everything, right? Yes my helpers have been wornderful…the feed store people come out to my car to get paid, etc…I’ve got a wonderful college girl grooming and riding the mare and the mare loves her!

You have a reason to whine! And we all understand where you’re coming from, so you’re whining to the right people. Unintentional spontaneous dismounts often don’t have good outcomes. If I were closer, I’d come and visit, bring you chocolate, and tell you the groundhog story (which is guaranteed to make you laugh).

It will get better! It can be humbling to need the help when you are used to doing it yourself (ask me how I know, lol) but people really DO want to help. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

How are you doing…it’s been several months now. Hope your ‘whine’ is back to ‘wine’. :slight_smile:

Why thank you for asking EZ!!!

I’m doing really well, don’t even think about it most days.

Still grateful for the COTH support.

The summer was pretty much a total loss, but fall might be great!

That’s great! I remember a few years ago when I broke my arm. I came home from emergency and was sitting up in bed in the dark thinking “this isn’t going to be as much fun as I thought it would be” and I admit I cried and felt sorry for myself for a while.

Glad you’re getting all better in time to enjoy the cool autumn riding!

So the silver lining was that I re-connected with a really great trainer to put some miles on my horse while I couldn’t ride.

Thanks again for checking!

Oh HP, I am sorry I missed this originally-- I would have been happy to come out once in awhile to give you a hand.

I am very glad you are healed and doing well!!!

Thank you Flash, very kind. Looking forward to seeing you when “camp” starts…

[QUOTE=HPFarmette;6623247]
Thank you Flash, very kind. Looking forward to seeing you when “camp” starts…[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you are doing well! Tibia platform fracture here in November… Still non-weight bearing… Hoping to be partial weight bearing in early January… Are you riding again?