Tie-back surgery costs??

For those of you who have had this surgery done, can you give me an idea of cost? I need to contact my Vet, and proceed from there. This is for a rescued ASB. I am not far from New Bolton Center, so that might be the best choice.

Thanks!

I was quoted 1800-2000 for a standing tieback

I had a friend who had tie back done on her standardbred race horse. It was about 2 k. There can sometimes be complications, which you’ve probably already thought about. For whatever reason, her pony was the poster child for those. She did not go to someplace like New Bolton, and I’m sure that can make a huge difference. I hope it goes well!

Well, he came home tonight! He is adorable. Only five years old, but he looks like a three year old.

I have been reading on this, and it looks like a “tie back” that is done with laser- so , not really a tie back, is once and done.

Anyone know anything about that?

I thanks you for your kind responses. I really appreciate your helping this boy!

My friend paid 2500.00 to Rood and Riddle for tie back about 18 months ago. Older gelding that getting really bad. That also included a dental and a few other small things.

1 Like

Thanks! I am going to line him this weekend, and see what is going on. He’s been outside, running around like a fool, and he hasn’t made any noise at all. I am wondering if it is an issue with raising up, and turning over at the poll- which is tough for alot of horses. That will not be necessary for his future employment.

1 Like