Unlimited access >

'Tis the Season - Black Friday/Cyber Monday Question

Hey y’all - it’s about that time and I’ve been out of the horse game for years, so I had a quick question.

I am starting a full care lease here soon and am starting to buy items for that. This stuff isn’t so much as gear (although there are a couple of things on my list), but more so like daily care things (first aid items, liniments, wraps, etc.) So my question is - do Dover and SmartPak still do like X% off your cart on either or both those days?

Separately from daily care but pertaining to gear, I remember either Smartpak or Dover doing $10 saddle pads for Black Friday… Is that still a thing?

1 Like

a suggestion only to check any local horse rescue to you as many around us have received donated huge qualities of tack that is often new or indistinguishable from being new for a faction of retail pricing.

We have bought blankets, sheets, harness (which was new for 20% of retail… they wanted $400 versus $2600 we paid $550 and they threw in a nice set of work harness plus a spare set as they never used any harness).

One rescue had over 400 blankets

4 Likes

??? What the heck I had no idea that was a thing! I mean, I’m glad that rescues are getting so much but also home girl loves a good deal so I’ll gladly take anything that’s excess lol

1 Like

Depends on the year, really, what sort of sales you can expect. Sometimes it’s a percentage off your cart, sometimes it’s variable discounts only on certain products and nothing on others, and sometimes it’s only certain things on sale on select days. :woman_shrugging: I’ve been mostly disappointed with the BF sales the last few years, no real deals.

2 Likes

Yeah, outside of horses I definitely agree. I wasn’t too hopeful for anything amazing but you never know i guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

SLT runs regular 25 and 30 percent sales so I think it’s a good bet they’ll do at least that for BF.

I will be watching sales myself this year. I have a too long list of things I think I need. I’m not expecting killer deals but maybe save a few bucks.

1 Like

There’s better deals on Facebook for gently used stuff than I’ve ever seen on a Black Friday deal.

1 Like

SmartPak has been doing % off most items plus a gift card if you spend over a certain amount for a few holiday weekend recently. I think it was $50 gift card on $150 last time, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like that for BF.

1 Like

Very fair - I’ve been scouring my FB marketplace for the gear-stuff I need. However, for the first aid/care things, I’d just rather buy them new in the event that they need to be used; I would hate to be worrying in an emergency about whether or not something will work, or is sterile, etc.

1 Like

Every year is different, but here’s a great reference for what the sales looked like in 2021: https://breedrideevent.com/2021/11/24/2021-equestrian-black-friday-sales/

1 Like

Schneiders started their 8 days of deals today I believe

1 Like

Dover has a 50 gift card if you spend 150, good through 11/20

1 Like

Awesome, I got one of those from SP earlier this year. If you remember to spend it that’s essentially 33% off! The question is, will BF deals be better?

I ask because around September or so I start feeling like I should delay purchases until holiday sales. That might be nuts though? If nothing else I guess it’s a good way to limit one’s spending. I’ve had stuff sitting in my SP, Dover, and RW carts for literally months.

3 Likes

And will the items desired still be in stock on BF?!?! Can the 50 cert be used in combination with BF sales?

So many questions! :laughing:

For SmartPak, the cert is electronic and can be used right away after the order is placed, so it’s a pretty great deal.

1 Like