Unlimited access >

Too old to get a puppy? update #44 Puppy has been sold

Yes, crate in car coming home ~ his safety as well as yours ~ then once home car travel can be tested and decided upon

6 Likes

A crate in the car is never a bad thing.

9 Likes

Tell the breeder you will take him! One thing that helps is that Bouviers aren’t a super long lived breed. If you have a plan for if things get to the point you can’t take care of him that is the important part. Get your puppy and be happy!

5 Likes

If you think you can handle him and the breeder would take him back if something happens to you, I don’t see why not.

3 Likes

Your friends can respectfully suck it. Buy the puppy.

15 Likes

My dogs prefer to ride in the crate, they clearly feel more secure and it’s way safer for everyone.

4 Likes

Go look at the puppy before the weekend.
Good luck! I wish you both joy.

3 Likes

I think your “friends” think THEY are too old to get a puppy. You’re perfect! You have all day to spend with it and you never have to leave it in a cage all day while you’re at work. What could be better?

Please post pics.

12 Likes

Sounds as if you have more than enough expertise and experience.
Go forth and puppy. :paw_prints: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes I would buy or borrow a puppy-sized crate. He might howl, but he might also just fall asleep. I definitely agree that it’s unsafe for dog and driver to be loose - especially a puppy.

2 Likes

I already have a puppy sized crate from previous dog. Also have an extra large crate in the house.

2 Likes

It sounds as though you are extremely well-versed in this breed, and this puppy is a bit older, so perhaps past the multiple trips in the night stage (which ate my lunch with our puppy last year) – and you sound tougher than me, lol.

My next door neighbor, a good friend, has had Bouviers for many years, and I’ve been the designated dog sitter during family travels. I told her that it’s obvious that she’s put the time in with her dogs, and you have a history of doing the same.

Another vote for the crate.

Best wishes for whatever you decide, and please post photos.

3 Likes

I have decided that fate will play a role in this. I have contacted the breeder to let him know should the puppy not get sold I will definitely buy him. Left my name and number. As yet the people interested have not confirmed nor gotten directions.

Puppy is crate trained. Here is hoping that what is best for the puppy or I will transpire.

17 Likes

@Cat_Tap Glad you’ve informed the breeder ~ now it’s up to your beloved Bentley to wrap up this transaction and send the puppy to you ~

Jingles & AO ~

3 Likes

I am hope this all goes your way!

I am excited for you to have a new 4 legged friend

1 Like

When I first made this post I assumed I would get lots of negative replies giving reasons why I should not purchase this puppy. I struggled with the decision and now found so many enablers.

15 Likes

You are active than most. Most of the horse ladies I know are fitter than I am. Slinging hay, mucking, and lifting bags of feed on top of your weekly gym routine. Girl!!! you could run laps around me.

Not to sound morbid, but you could live for another 20 yrs, why be dog-less.

If you were getting a parrot or a turtle then that would be different.

10 Likes

Another vote for the puppy! You are well organized, you know the breed, you are an healthy and fit person, this puppy needs you, he’ll have a wonderful life as your companion

3 Likes

Welcome to COTH! :rofl: :joy:

12 Likes

I am now praying to St. Anthony that this family gets hopelessly lost and never ends up seeing the puppy. I think saints should go both ways, so I hope this helps. Go team puppy.

7 Likes