TMI

I so wish we understood more about the disease progression and etiology.

Wishing you the best.

In many ways, you might become the best of riders because of this.

You will use finesse and balance rather than strength…

Thanks for the inspiration. I’m humbled at times by others who push through, in a very good way.

I agree with Pinto on this…you will become a very good rider…

Jingles for you; you are very inspirationnal to me !

I actually really like your title, and I plan on using it to explain how to properly use your leg to students.
Thanks for the inspiration

thanks. I have a friend watch me ride to tell me what my legs are doing, if my heels are down, if my leg are still and in the right place, if my lines stack up. I announce what I think I’m doing as far as aiding the horse and she’ll say if my body actually did what I thought. In this way, I hope I am retraining myself how to ride again. I can hear if I lose my irons, but I can’t actually feel it. We don’t have mirrors.

and my horse is not what I consider ‘trained’ quite yet. Just to add to the challenges. I keep telling myself: I can do this, I can do this. Blind people can surf, amputees can do marathons, Kate can try to dance, I can ride

You bet you can ride.

Both Nuno Oliveira and JC Racinet tell very inspiring stories about riders who cannot feel/use their legs.

Awesome that you have a ground person.

I suspect your core muscles could crush rocks. :wink:

years of yoga, alexander technique, feldenkrais and pilates study (Reformer work mostly) has helped but yeah, my core is solid (under a layer of fat) punch me! go ahead! also, very strong upper body/biceps but the trick is not to ‘go there’ but concentrate on my seat and thighs