Unlimited access >

I need some advice as I am new to the USA and things are done differently here than where I’m from. I’ve had my farrier for 2 years and have stuck by him when he was sick and couldn’t work, when he says he will turn up and doesn’t because he forgot or said he didn’t want to as you tired. He never phoned to reschedule or apologise I have to chase him up. I’ve rearranged work to accommodate him and he doesn’t turn up. I look after him at Christmas and get his favourite alcohol, have him around once or twice for a BBQ, got his son a book and generally try to keep him happy as good farriers are hard to find where I live. He came out to trim and had a girl with him and he got her to do my horses feet whilst we were chatting. I didn’t think to check the hoof. They left and a couple days later I looked at their feet and thought that looked bad. So I showed a horse friend and they said get him back out to fix it. It’s not a good job.
so I texted and sent photos and he said sorry he didn’t check them as we were talking. I said yeah that happens and he said he’d come and clean them up. He didn’t turn up as arranged so I chased him up. He came out with this girl and we chatted and he cleaned them up. When he was leaving and my husband wasn’t around he started to verbally abuse me. I kept cool. Now 3 weeks later I get a PayPal bill request for extra trim per clients requests. I kept his messages apologising and saying he wasn’t paying attention.
what do I do? I know I’m not going to pay him but he told me that he has a gun and he gets back at clients the anger him.
move never had this happen, never had a farrier in Australia behave this way. So any advice would be great. I didn’t sleep at all last night.